Jim Bowen

Black Roof lining?

Thinking of colouring my roof lining black, and also the sun visors and interior light unit.

Anyone done this? My interior is already mostly black, including the A,B & C pillars.

I've got black roof lining,its not dyed,looks a pro trim,I bought it from Voo when she broke her valver,

Emu coloured my visors and sunroof motor black for me.

Looks sooo sexy

Don't think they did a standard black headlining.

Just the campaign. And even that is an almost diy job. Sunvisors are trimmed in the same material as the headlining (the mirrors are underneath). Switch surround, clips/brackets/trim are painted black and the interior light cluster must be from either a Golf or Passat.

I'll chuck some pictures up if I get the chance. But coming from a grey interior, it don't arf make it feel dark in there !

I recovered my own in black felt. Very easy to use and it's stuck on with Alpha 178 heat resistant glue from woollies trim restoration.

a59add10.jpg

b3457230.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

Each to their own but it looks like a nightclub to me.

Does remind me of the drama studio from my school days lol.

I did mine and made it black as i had some fabric from work, although the heat got to the glue and pulled it off >.

It does look good though.

im currently half way through doing mine in black faux leather, its looking really good although im having problems with the adhesive im using , need to peel it back and use something else as its peeling around the curves in the sun visor areas,

I reckon leather and stitched all over with diamond shapes would look a bit fancy.

Might start feeling a bit like some sort of leather fetish dungeon tho.

If anyone is having a problem with glue order some of the AF178 from woollies. It's the only stuff I use now and I tried a lot of glues and it's the only one that holds the fabric properly.

I've never been impressed with a painted finish. It never looks as even and doesn't last like a recovered headliner.

Thats an excellent example there! Personally I think its going a bit too far and not really my cuppa with regard to the interior retrim but gotta hand it to him, he's done things properly. :cool:

Not keen on the perforation I would do mine non-perforated but your right Sean he has done it right. Cheer's for the link Ben :thumbleft: