livi1982

Corrado Fifth Gear

Haven't seen the program but just saw an advert for Fifth Gear with Plato crouching next to a white VR6. Anyone seen the episode? Know if its been on already?

25/3/13 Today the car was taken to Millbrook Proving Ground by TV programme 'Fifth Gear' where Jason Plato drove it and kindly signed the sun visor for posterity (apparently he "loved" the car). The programme will be broadcast in August 2013 and I can't reveal any further info on it until then.

Taken from this thread

http://www.volkswizard.co.uk/carsforsale/n817byb.htm

Shall look forward to the episode

Indeed - I sold my Octavia VRS to Volkswizard and when he found out about me being in the CCGB, he had a good chat about his Corrado and it being on Fifth Gear.

The item is basically not about the Corrado (as in like a history piece of anything) but actually about taking an older car and just showing the benefits of simply servicing it, and what improvement it has on performance. But apparently Plato did track the VR6 for the feature, and really enjoyed it.. so hoping there's a bit of Corrado enthusiasm and something worth watching when the feature actually airs!

I had a similar conversation with the same person Jim, as we already know ;) lol

I checked the fifth gear site to see if there were any schedule listings for this episode but drew a blank......has anyone got any ideas how we find out when it will be aired?

jon_vr6 - that video was taken outside of volkswizard's unit......i remember it from when the gf picked up her storm from there ;)

Fifth gear is on discovery channel for the new series

Indeed, discovery shed IIRC

thanks jon_vr6 - i thought id check the discovery website & ......

http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/fifth-gear/episode-guide-new-series/

series starts Sept 19th at 9PM but i cant figure if the rado's will be in.....

episode 2...... 'Jonny reveals his petrolhead investments – three classic cars that you should buy now to make a profit in the future.'

or

episode 4...... 'And Jason reveals three incredible value sports cars that can be bought for just £5,000'

:D

Indeed, discovery shed IIRC

thanks jon_vr6 - i thought id check the discovery website & ......

http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/fifth-gear/episode-guide-new-series/

series starts Sept 19th at 9PM but i cant figure if the rado's will be in.....

episode 2...... 'Jonny reveals his petrolhead investments – three classic cars that you should buy now to make a profit in the future.'

or

episode 4...... 'And Jason reveals three incredible value sports cars that can be bought for just £5,000'

:D

Unfortunately I think they're the synopsis's for last series :(

Yeah checked that myself, the mk2 belongs to Ray Partner its a red 16v small bumper car he was told it should feature September time

178bhp?

Am always noticing rolling roads results of 190bhp+ on here etc White corrados must be slower imo, like a base model kinda thing.

I think still a lot of people don't realise that the Corrado got a slightly different engine to the one in the MK3 Golf, and tend to quote MK3 Golf figures. It is only 12BHP but.. it all counts I guess.

Certainly based on my experiences at countless rolling road days over the years, the VR is a consistent performer and always puts out near to it's originally quoted performance figures unless there's something actually wrong with it - like a duff Cam Position Sensor.

I don't entirely subscribe to the Top Gear mantra that old engine = lost a load of horsepower.

Yeah checked that myself, the mk2 belongs to Ray Partner its a red 16v small bumper car he was told it should feature September time

Bloody hell, I remember that from the early 90s magazines. It was minter than mint!

Set as well. I'd watch it at 8, but it'll be a mad fight for the remote as she will want to watch Eastenders!

Not that I don't have full control of what goes on in our house though.............

One of the (few) joys of being single I guess. No argument for control of the TV!

Sniff :(

Not sure mate - synopsis for tonight on Radio Times says:

Jason Plato tries to bring a tired engine back to full health, and Jonny Smith is in Spain, where he tests the Jaguar F-Type.

The Corrado was used specifically for this kind of feature, so I reckon it's the one!