livi1982

Corrado Fifth Gear

Does redex really work or was that just some kind of RR mistake? I always though Redex was BS

I always thought it was just the equivilant of an octane booster, so might ever so minutely boost bhp whilst it's in the tank, once it's emptied though there's no lasting effect etc?

I might be wrong though!

Taking the highest reading from all the runs seemed like the worst method to me as it only takes one spurious run to give an inflated figure. Would have been good for them to average the 8.

I bet if they removed and cleaned the throttle body and inlet manifold they would have seen over 190bhp.

As far as redex is concerned it is supposed to remove deposits from the lines and injectors. And as you you know a better nossle spray pattern from a clean injector will vastly increase atomisation and therefore fuel burn in the cylinders.

I've used BG44K in the past, and although it may have been a placebo, it seemed to make a real difference. I used it after seeing a write up with tank to tank MPG figures, pics through a miniature camera of piston crowns and cylinder bores, and opinions of throttle response and driveability. All were before and after, and all showed a marked improvement. Its speculative as the online review I read could well have got a nice little commission for promoting it though. Think Redex is debatable whether it actually works as well, and having used that, I can't say I noticed anything at all. Asda have it on offer quite regularly too.

BG44K you really are the new forum :ubergeek: Excuse my ignorance Sean but WTF is BG44K mate.

Thanks Ian. James, next time I see you I'm gonna spike your drink with Vodka and steal your car! :drinking::2gunfire:

£20 it better be bl**dy good for that.No need mate I'll let you have a drive................................................................

Dealer prices............

yep, main dealer RRP at the time - used genuine bits for consistency with parts fitted when car left factory.

Car was on 95 RON fuel throughout all the testing to prevent the Super skewing the results of the Redex.

Any ideas how much more bhp V power would add?

This link is just the 6 mins of the Corrado feature (not whole episode)

PS Engine and box mounts replaced not longer after!

Thanks for the YouTube upload. I'm loving the in-cabin rattles you can hear in the background :D

claiming re post then blocking the thread. REEEEEAAALLLLLYYYY????

as if it matters that much....

:cuckoo:

Understandable, otherwise you'd probably end up with a dozen threads on the same topic :)

Understandable, otherwise you'd probably end up with a dozen threads on the same topic :)

Precisely that. Closing duplicate threads on existing topics, and with links to things like this video is not something new - we've been doing it for years :)

Precisely that. Closing duplicate threads on existing topics, and with links to things like this video is not something new - we've been doing it for years :)

haha yep ;) , if I had known about this thread I wouldn't of posted this exact same thing up here today,

Worth making a sticky to prevent future duplicates?

Its a rarity for Cs to be on TV too