Will.I.Dub

Green VR

So 10 years since I last drove a Corrado I collected this last week - completely original 49k - Storm!

My first VR and I don't know if I'm imaging it but it seems to sit much higher on its springs than my valvers did??

Reckon there can't be too many low mile 'rados out there - anybody know what the lowest genuine milage cars clock in at?

Thoroughly enjoying it - going the long way round to get everywhere!!!!

Edited by Will.I.Dub

I'm pretty sure that towards the end of the run VW changed over to the 50mm splitter and jacked up the suspension slightly, which may explain what you are referring to?

Ian.

That explains it! Wonder why they changed it?

Delfinis - that's a nice motor - similar history with this one, first owner had purchased off the forecourt and garaged after it 40,000. Unlike you I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist putting up a few miles![ATTACH=CONFIG]75589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75590[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75591[/ATTACH]

Not the best pics, when I get some more not taken with phone I'll post them.

Two tiny rust spots just appearing on each wing wheel arch, my bodyshop guy reckons I should just treat it for now - not do any painting as it is so original, what do you guys think?

Will

Edited by Will.I.Dub

Well.I.Am impressed with your purchase :D

VW did indeed make some changes to the Corr.A.Do Storm in relation to ground clearance.

En.Joy

Welcome to VR ownership in general, and more specifically to the Storm. Yours looks lovely. I never even saw that advertised. Was it a local type advert? Is that a Channel Islands plate? cars from there always seem to be low miles. I thought my Classic Green Storm was pretty cosseted and low mileage at 109k. There can't be many with fewer miles than yours out there that aren't in a museum.

Good to see you've already indulged in a spot of Off-Roading with the 4x4 ride height. Mine looks exactly the same? perfect combination with the 15" rims and tall tyres for our awful roads!

Edited by Billzeebub

Thanks Bill,

Its a 'norn' Ireland plate, soon to be southern Ireland, was advertised on Autotrader (NI). Don't think the seller realised Storm meant last of the line so it wasn't mentioned in the ad! Been looking for a good example for a while.

Now I have to 'clear' it and hand over vehicle registration tax to our b%$t*^d government ~ 36% of what THEY think is the OMSP.

Part of the drive home took me along a super road from Enniskillen to Sligo - worth a look on google maps at a place called Glencar, a perfect stretch to get reacquainted with Rado handling and learn a little about the VR!!

Now I have to decide what I'm going to do with my very sorry '90 1.8 and somewhat less sorry 93 2.0!

Very nice purchase. Wish mine was as high as that. With my 90mm splitter I can't go near a speed bump at anywhere over 10mph :)

Very nice purchase. Wish mine was as high as that. With my 90mm splitter I can't go near a speed bump at anywhere over 10mph :)

Thanks, looked unusual to me at first but its beginning to grow on me! Very handy round here - we have some 'corrugated' roads

super road from Enniskillen to Sligo

driven that road a few times :)

great looking example too, health to drive.

driven that road a few times :)

great looking example too, health to drive.

Thanks aide, theres a few more choice roads in the west, some have poor surfaces in spots but when you know where to let it go aaaah that tyre squeal pulling out of corners!!!!

A little routine rust stopping action:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80008[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80009[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80010[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80012[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80013[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80014[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80015[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80016[/ATTACH]

Edited by Will.I.Dub

Looks pretty good to me. Of course, you never know when the dyno was last calibrated, but giving the benefit of the doubt, it looks very healthy for a stock car. Well done.

Long time no update, now close to 80k miles, runing bilstein B12s, 312mm front discs, braided lines, mk4 rear calipers, rolling on Eagle F1s and 16" rims, all rubber and moving front suspension parts replaced although not out of necessity. Some other mostly cosmetic bits and pieces replaced in order to keep things fresh. So far a reliable, dependable motor and so much fun. Docile and easy in traffic or cruising but with the ability to EAT road when wanted!

08ba338e6c189000c63d2a599177203d.jpg

df6e3c76047617c14ca2a0dda86b34e3.jpg

Edited by Will.I.Dub