Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

What is this an why is there water pissing out of it??????

That my friend is the oil cooler. They have a hapit of going bye bye. You'll need a new one of them along with an oil change and probably a coolant change also as it is highly likely they have been contaminated by each other.

Goods new is.... the oil cooler aint that expensive. If you do have a lot of spare cash I would invest in a Mocal Oil Cooler. You can get details on http://www.thinkauto.com

ta

timo

nope dont think so. there was water pouring out of the round screwy thing (technical term) and the seal is f**ked (technical term). i'll get a new one an stick it on.

nice one for the help guys.

water coming out of it aint good!!!! Replacing the seal will only help if you had an oil leak.

Have a look inside you coolant expansion tank and tell me what you see..... Any oil floating in it??

I'm 99% sure you'll need a new cooler.

Can you tell exactly where the water is coming out??

timo

well after taking the ting off i found out water was comming out of just about everywhere. both hoses were split, one massively, like the whole length of the hose, and the seal on the screwy thing that bolts it to the engine was knackered aswell. order a new one i think.

not as easy as you would think though. My nearest dealer, CORKILLS in liverpool and in wigan are fuckin shite. the stupid fucking dickheads wont let me order a part over the fuckin phone. instead the fuckers want me to fuckin drive all the way down to the fuckin shop an fuckin pay the full price, an then wait a few fuckin daysfor the arseholes to get the bits in then drive all the fuckin way back to the shitty shop and pick them up. fucking stupid wankers, what the fuck, i havent even got time to go once, never fuckin mind twice. why the fuck cant i just pay by fuckin card over the fuckin phone.me an my car are good fuckin buisness to their shitty company, what a bunch of twats aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted:

anyway, sorry for my little outburst, i hope the naughty word filter still works. :oops:

A lot of dealers are doing that now. Pain in the arse, huh?

They claim it's because of the number of people cancelling after ordering something, or just plain not turning up, lumbering the dealer with an item they can't return..

Why they can't accept credit card though I *really* don't know.

(I had this argument with one local dork myself, thanks..)

It's the dealers that have had orders made with stolen credit cards that are now starting to refuse phone orders.

As usual, it's the low life scum that ruin things for everyone else.

K

well after taking the ting off i found out water was comming out of just about everywhere. both hoses were split, one massively, like the whole length of the hose, and the seal on the screwy thing that bolts it to the engine was knackered aswell. order a new one i think.

not as easy as you would think though. My nearest dealer, CORKILLS in liverpool and in wigan are ****** shite. the stupid ******* dickheads wont let me order a part over the ****** phone. instead the ******* want me to ****** drive all the way down to the ****** shop an ****** pay the full price, an then wait a few ****** daysfor the arseholes to get the bits in then drive all the ****** way back to the s***** shop and pick them up. ******* stupid wankers, what the ****, i havent even got time to go once, never ****** mind twice. why the **** cant i just pay by ****** card over the ****** phone.me an my car are good ****** buisness to their s***** company, what a bunch of twats aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted:

anyway, sorry for my little outburst, i hope the naughty word filter still works. :oops:

LOL I like you :-P

I'm not sure if it's a good sign or not, but as soon as I mention my name to any of the 2 local dealers I go to for parts, they shut up about deposits and "can't order without paying first" and just get on with it and get the parts for me... :oops: Hell, they even add the CGTI discount on and phone me when the part comes into stock without me asking first.... 8)

I think I need to get a reliable car... :roll: :lol:

I'm not sure if it's a good sign or not, but as soon as I mention my name to any of the 2 local dealers I go to for parts, they shut up about deposits and "can't order without paying first" and just get on with it and get the parts for me... :oops: Hell, they even add the CGTI discount on and phone me when the part comes into stock without me asking first.... 8)

:lol: well hey that's got to be one advantage of owning a C :D

Last time I was in I had just got my CCGB card and thought to myself.... "i'll have some more discount from these suckers now!!" When I asked for some discount they said, "We already give you discount because you buy so much stuff!!" :shock: :shock: :shock: He then went on to say "you'll have built a completely new car shortly!!" :shock: :shock:

That really cheered me up actually and now when I go and buy stuff from them the computer system automatically gives me discount and they know my name without me telling them and.............. they recognise me over the phone!!!! :roll:

Its a bad state of affairs when it gets to that!!

nevermind, its only money :mrgreen:

timo

i know the feeling!! - also, it allows you to place orders over the phone :D :D :D :D :D :D - or maybe thats just a liverpool thing what with all the scallys :mrgreen: