Sign in to follow this  
kvwloon

Paul McKenna on Top Gear......

Kinda felt sorry for Hammond.. its a bit alarming how much he was able to manipulate him. Like even up till the end of the show he was sure the 911 GT3 would beat the Merc SLR.. scary.

But speaking of Top Gear.. that SLR has to be one of my favourite cars right now. The noise off that throaty V8 and the whine off the supercharger.. I wouldn't even bother with a stereo in that car!!

:lol: yeah that was funny, but as jimG60 says sort of felt sorry for him. I'm looking forward to when they have the Porsche carrera gt on :evil:

But speaking of Top Gear.. that SLR has to be one of my favourite cars right now. The noise off that throaty V8 and the whine off the supercharger.. I wouldn't even bother with a stereo in that car!!

Agreed, the noise of the V8 and the whine of the supercharger......beautiful! And that was listening to it on crap tv speakers. Imagine what it sounds like in reality!

They were moaning about the mkV golf GTI also :x Said it was heavier than the focus RS and had 15bhp less....

missed it........................... AGAIN :roll:

Basically, highlights were Hammond sat in a car with McKenna to begin a test drive, suddenly Hammond forgets how to drive a car! Brilliant. Later, Mc Kenna makes Hammond beleive that the toy pedal car in the studio is Hammonds own Porsche 911, and he starts pedaling it around the studio thinking he's driving his real Porsche! Classic, and a bit worrying too!

Yeah - the way he made him forget how to drive a car. It was incredible. But they just kept making him go back under the influence and right up to the end of the show, they had made him 'believe' the 911 was the best car ever. So when the Merc SLR thumped around the track in a shattering 1:20, Hammond was convinced that the 911 GT3 would hammer the SLR if track conditions were identical, etc.

Just hope they put him 'back' to normal afterwards!!

Did you see what clarkson did with the salad when he was talking about the slr mclaren. Fcuking hilarious.. :lol: 8)

i was laughing my head off when hammond was in the car and didnt know how to start it....... he actually though you steer with the gear stick,..... or as he called it a joystick.

i was laughing my head off when hammond was in the car and didnt know how to start it....... he actually though you steer with the gear stick,..... or as he called it a joystick.

..yeah, and the 'er, this bit makes it get hotter, er, I think, er...!' waving hand vaguely near the demister vents, brilliant! Thought he was going to blub when Clarkson crashed his toy electric car in to Hammonds 'real' Porsche pedal car. 'But, it's the first new car I've ever bought, and youv'e dented it,.... sniff' Magic :lol:

DAMMMMMMMMM i missed it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR any one recoreded it i wanna see it or does anyone know if there is a repeat during the week?

I.m not sure about all this hypnotism... does it really work?? Was very funny though, and that SLR is one very well set up, rapid beast..... bring on the carrera GT :D

You lot didn't actually believe Hammond was hypnotised did you? It's a crock of sh1t.

The Alfa was completely useless as a track or fast road weapon. The chassis just cannot handle the power :roll:

Highlights of the show were Clarkson's usual ultra-sharp and quick wit (especially when he was ripping the hell out of that guy in the audience that looked like Jesus) and the SLR.

That engine note now joins my list of favourite engine noises - Top fuel V8 drag engines, BMW M3 straight six, Subaru flat four and now the SLR :lol: All sound ace.

I had my subwoofer up loud during the SLR test as I predicted it would sound awesome......and it does!

K

What was the name of the Alfa Romeo [379 Bhp] shown at the start of the show ?

That was a 147 modified by Auto Delta.

K

The Alfa was completely useless as a track or fast road weapon. The chassis just cannot handle the power

It looked a bit out of shape when the Stig was nailing it but it still posted a very respectable time.

Poor Hammond - I especially liked the way he was trying to bulshit his way through with the Alfa :D

Kev, there was a hynotist at last years presentation night for my football club and it most definately can and does happen exactly like that. Its incredible :shock: