EmGreenVR6

Interior trim clips

Hi,

No luck with the dealer sourcing the following, I was hoping someone had some suggestions:

Clips for bottom of door cards, part number 3A0 867 301 01C I think.

Big round plastic 2-part screw & cover, part number on it is 535 857 948. Picture attached.

Smaller plastic screw, no part number, picture attached.

We are trying to install a replacement interior and there's a lot of clips missing or broken, so any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Emma

Edited by EmGreenVR6
Corrected part number

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I put the part numbers (now corrected I hope) into the VW Heritage search and it didn't come up with anything. I'll have another look, cheers.

Ebay hasn't produced the goods so far, I'll post in the Wanted section, but I imagine they are common parts that break...

thanks anyway,

Emma

If you remove the spaces from the first part no. and google it. This comes up as the first hit.

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_vwclassicParts.search_classicSearchText_535857948_lang_EN_country_GB.htm

Obviously Google is better than their own search :)

Same goes for the second part.

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_vwclassicParts.search_classicSearchText_3A086730101C_lang_EN_country_GB.htm

Hi Emma,

How many bottom door card clips do you need? I recently stripped a couple of doors and I removed everything even the plastic clips that go up the front and back of the doors that the little screws screw into. All the clips are complete with both parts present. Free to a good home!

Edited by leon263

Hi Leon,

I'll count tomorrow and let you know, although I'll happily take all the clips you've got! PM me to let me know how much for postage etc.

Thanks very much,

Emma

Hi Emma,

How many bottom door card clips do you need? I recently stripped a couple of doors and I removed everything even the plastic clips that go up the front and back of the doors that the little screws screw into. All the clips are complete with both parts present. Free to a good home!

What a helpful community we have here :)

The smaller plastic screws ("press stud for door cards") are used to secure the rear cards (2 on each card), AFAIK. They are still available, but in beige only. I ordered one recently and just coloured it black using a black permanent marker pen. It's not visible anyway as they are hidden when the rear seats are upright. Part number is 253260130 and ask for a beige one.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271203146835

Sorry to hijack this thread, but could someone let me know if these clips are the right ones for the scuff plate?

I believe that the part number you have posted refers to the clips that hold the rear quarter panel trims in place.

The original clip that held the scuff plate in place was made of white plastic, slid into a slot on the under side of the scuff plate and pressed directly into holes in the sill and they nearly always broke when you tried to remove them. The part number for that clip was 191 853 577. That particular clip has been superseded by a two piece clip and grommet arrangement. There are grey plastic grommets that push into the holes in the inner metal sills and part number for them is 191 853 568 D. There are also white plastic clips which slide into the slot on the under side of the scuff plate and the part number for them is 191 853 577 A. The white clip then pushes down into the grey grommet. Both parts are available from your local dealer but you will also find 191 853 577 A on Amazon, believe it or not. I have three of the original single piece clips which you are welcome to as I also have a supply of the superseded part.

Edited by leon263

What a helpful community we have here :)

Indeed, I'm very grateful for all the help and advice as a first-time Corrado owner and mechanical/electrical numpty.

VWVW, I have some of those clips but will count up today and give you a shout if I need more, cheers.

Em