pugcorrado05

vr6 missfire driving me insane!

my vr6 started miss firing so after bit of trial and error i sorted it and was blue water temp sensor and thermostat (running too cold).

went for 3 days nooo probs now its only running on 5 cylinders, and not firing on number 5

so far ive fitted

used beru coilpack

new leads

new plugs

used MAF

blue temp sensor

stat

checked wiring

HELP!!

Check the lead is seated correctly on the plug. I found that's where my misfire was coming from, that was the back middle one on mine. I guess you have the correct tool for lead fitting/removal?

To test for a spark on a particular cylinder use a jump lead connected to the spark plug thread plugged into the lead of the cylinder concerned and the other end of the jump lead earthed on the engine block, look for the spark whilst cranking.

The jump lead makes it much easier if you're working alone especially with lots of plastic parts now used in engine bays

IMAG0367_zpsf0d50bcb.jpg

theres a spark on 5 ive just double checked, thats why im supecting injectors, as its never really gone aswell as it should.

this is why i stick to tuning my pug diesel's!!!

Is the spark plug wet with fuel when removed?

Are the connectors fitting ok inside the injector wiring plug / socket

no fuel, but does burn a little oil but its never effected it, i think theyr ok ive been wiggling plugs and wires to see if it comes back, started out as fine when cold, then when it warmed up it would drop out no 5, not its from cold

Can you check the resistance of the suspect injector and compare with others?

Do you suspect the spray pattern has gone on that injector?

thCAJMM2DJ_zps6db9b636.jpg

Or low on compression?

ive done a compression test and seemed pretty good for 170k engine, although as its burn a little oil could be giving a false reading, im thinking its ofer fueling massively as it used to pop a bit

Sorry to jump in , but this is just the sort of info I needed to, had lots of help so far , if you look at robrados Rado you will see what I mean , I'm going to check my flow rate at the weekend if I can .

Rob

Oil fouled plugs is the most common reason for misfiring on ageing VR6s. Sometimes happens gradually, sometimes happens fairly quickly.

i tried new plugs and made no difference, i know it needs valve seals as it does smoke a little on a long down hill run, and compression test came out good for 170k engine all within 15psi, there was a strong smell of fuel in port no 5 when i split the manifold,

I'd just try a motor factors somewhere local to you that sells gasket sets etc

ive tried my local, half tempted to just buy a set of injectors tbh!

VW then

Or take yours for a test / clean, they'll give you seals once they've finished with them and you'll know for sure they're OK

well stat report, after putting all back together its back on all 6 now must have disturbed something, anyway my 2x2 OBD adapter arrived and plugged it in, and my camshaft and intake temp sensor are dead!

my abs has never worked so i looked at that according to my diagnostics this is the fault,

Differential lock valve2 -(N126)- static- no indication on display, any thoughts? i was hoping it would say which wheel