dannyboy

How rare are sun-roofless models?

guys just a simple question,how rare are these sunroof-less models? No word on how many made etc? dont really want to sell it if its that rare and still in good condition

guys just a simple question,how rare are these sunroof-less models? No word on how many made etc? dont really want to sell it if its that rare and still in good condition

Not sure on this myself mate but if you can afford it or have someone over here who would store it for you keep it mate you will regret it :thumbleft:

man you already know i dont want to sell it ;) my misses in canada telling me not to sell it and make sure i can get it over there hook or crook. it will drive me mad if i have to sell it

Ok you are going to Canada for now are you thinking of staying there for good if not you have to question selling mate as if you are thinking of returning to the uk at some time ( i know you were based in germany) why sell you have put alot into this car Keep Keep Keep you will severely regret getting rid ;)

waiting for the redundacy in april next year and then permanatly going to canada if all goes well.i can import over for two years before i have to put it through the go/no go test as itll be a classic by then.

if i sell it ill end up buying another one over there and doing the same thing which will cost lots

Most of the Corrado's I've seen have had a sunroof,

so I'd say yes your Corrado is a rare one with the solid roof.

I don't know exactly how many were made with the solid roof,

but it's less then the sunroof type.

Most early ones not all , didn't have the sunroof.

Plus most had the manual gearbox,

auto ones are rare.

I think there were 97,521 Corrado's built / sold world wide,

most of which are left hand drive,

a small hand full of countries had the right hand drive vehicles including us.

But I think the rarest Corrado is the VR6 Storm, these are rare as rocking horse pooh,

if anyone has a Storm and it's totally standard,

do not sell it as these will go up big time in value.

And the same with the MK1 Golf GTI and MK2 Golf G60 really rare now,

and so is the MK1 & 2, Scirocco Storm and the MK2 Scirocco GTS 16v really really rare.

DON'T SELL THEM, lol

Hope this helps.

Si

I think they are pretty rare,at ccgb national Day last year there was 1 amongst 50 + Corrado's. They tend to be early valvers afaik.

Mines non sunroof. Looking at the number of threads about sunroof problems and replacements I'm quite glad about it.

Usually only very early 16v and 2.0 8v that don't have the sunroof as it was an option on these, I'm sure I've seen one or two other models though, it certainly saves a lot of weight!

My VR6 is non-sunroof and thats a 94...I do miss having one sometimes though. ..having said that my valvers sunroof works perfectly although rattles haha!

Mine is 1991 1.8 16v and non-sunroof, with wind up windows as well

Less to go wrong :) Sunroofs are a known weak spot, and the electric window mechanism failing means drilling rivets out and re-riveting the mechanism back in... not much fun at all!

Mine is 1991 1.8 16v and non-sunroof, with wind up windows as well

Less to go wrong :) Sunroofs are a known weak spot, and the electric window mechanism failing means drilling rivets out and re-riveting the mechanism back in... not much fun at all!