Sign in to follow this  
Broken G60

ECU pin snapped off

My Corrado G60's ECU was supposed to be being fixed, but I'm told a pin has snapped off it and now I have to get a new one. Can anyone tell me if this is correct please? £400 or whatever for a new one seems a bit steep to me.

Thanks,

Sam

Do you know what the pin number is? It might be a redundant pin not actually in use.

£400 does sound steep, is that a used price?

it depends on where/what the pin is snaped. If it is the main lead that goes into the ECU box you can fix that, by takinging it out of the PCB and replacing it with a new one, but a pin on an IC within the ECU may not be as easily fixed.

there's g60 ecu's around for sale under £150 have a look around the vee-dub classifieds.

Dear All,

Thanks for your help. I am told that without the pin that has snapped off, the car will not move, so I assume it was not a redundant pin.

£400 was for a new price. I will look around for a second hand unit.

Thanks,

Sam

P.S. Sorry Darren, was there any particular vee-dub classifieds you could recommend please?

That shouldn't be too hard to fix, possibly with a little inginuity. It it possible to post a picture of the offending item so I can get an idea of a possible repair method.

Broken pins are reasonable easy to either replace, or by-pass with some wire and a little soldering skill.

Compaire the ECU with the plug on the loom and find out which pins are redundent (theres always a few). Just remove one of those and use it to replace the damaged one.

I'm expecting to get the ECU back soon and then I can take a picture of the missing pin & hopefully benefit further from all your combined wisdom.

In the meantime, please can anyone tell me where I can find the number on the ECU that identifies it? I'm also trying to buy a replacement unit in case I'm not able to repair the old one and the chap who might be able to sell me one doesn't currently know how to find it.

Thanks!