Jamie

Jamie's Flash Red VR6 - Woken From Hibernation

Well the main thing stopping me putting it up for sale, other than dealing with dreamers, is the price. I honestly have no idea whatsoever. What do you reckon fellas?

hard to say over a computer... any rust patches? when was gasket last done? cv boot, lower arm under side condition? engine looks tidy but that photo was a while ago, what current mileage? how long have you owned it?

hard to say over a computer... any rust patches? when was gasket last done? cv boot, lower arm under side condition? engine looks tidy but that photo was a while ago, what current mileage? how long have you owned it?

No rust anywhere, everything that normally doesn't work (sunroof spoiler etc) works, depends what gasket you mean - head gasket? No idea but chains etc done at 120k, 144k now, cv boots are like a tenner a throw but they're all good :lol:, engine bay is tidier now than in the pics, had it 5 years and in that time it's wanted for nothing and if there was a ticklist for Corrado upgrades this car has it. The lads on here and VR6OC that have seen it will vouch for it being a decent car...

decent, well i assume your in no rush to sell it. May i perhaps throw out there, im picking mine up from stealth racing the 30th, and you only an hour or so from me so maybe i could drive down with my mate and have a look?

no worries if not, just a thought.

decent, well i assume your in no rush to sell it. May i perhaps throw out there, im picking mine up from stealth racing the 30th, and you only an hour or so from me so maybe i could drive down with my mate and have a look?

no worries if not, just a thought.

I'm actually going on holiday for two weeks on the 23rd mate sorry. I'm in no rush to sell at all, won't even be doing a for sale ad for a while yet so if you want to nip over some other time it'd be fine :)

I'm actually going on holiday for two weeks on the 23rd mate sorry. I'm in no rush to sell at all, won't even be doing a for sale ad for a while yet so if you want to nip over some other time it'd be fine :)

Well he is in no rush to buy, he got an insurance pay out and has a cheap little e36 he got for a few hundred quid to use as a run about for the time being. il speak to you when your back and we will sort something x

Well he is in no rush to buy, he got an insurance pay out and has a cheap little e36 he got for a few hundred quid to use as a run about for the time being. il speak to you when your back and we will sort something x

Yeah cool nice one.

It's well worth a drive MZ ;)

Incidentally if anyone has a nice Lambretta or 60s Vespa I may be interested in a PX.

How you finding the C4s? Im loving mine, could be a little faster but still fast enough to scare me at times, especially the rate at which it can corner.

It's well worth a drive MZ ;)

I await your advertisement with full spec and price.

Only thing that worries me is the front seats that don't look like they tilt and I need use of back seats.

I await your advertisement with full spec and price.

Only thing that worries me is the front seats that don't look like they tilt and I need use of back seats.

They do tilt :)

No rust anywhere, everything that normally doesn't work (sunroof spoiler etc) works, depends what gasket you mean - head gasket? No idea but chains etc done at 120k, 144k now, cv boots are like a tenner a throw but they're all good :lol:, engine bay is tidier now than in the pics, had it 5 years and in that time it's wanted for nothing and if there was a ticklist for Corrado upgrades this car has it. The lads on here and VR6OC that have seen it will vouch for it being a decent car...

Decent +++

I hope it sells in one piece, we've just had a 10K all original car sell so hopefully the breaking of good cars to repair down a heal ones is coming to an end?

The seats do tilt to allow access to the back and also recline for comfort. Won't be taking any bits off and if it does sell it will be sold as is. I don't know if I'll ever get round to a formal "For Sale" ad as I'm not really keen on selling it - it will just be a case of word of mouth and if someone's seriously interested they can come and have a look. I can't be arsed with dealing with dreamers and time wasters so if it goes it goes, if it doesn't it's fine where it is and I'll come back to it at some point.

The C4S is fantastic Coullstar. Wanted one all my life and it hasn't disappointed in the least. I agree about the speed - the first day I got it I frightened the life out of myself but you soon become accustomed to it. The only thing I don't like about it is every car on the road seems desperate to get past you or sit on your bumper!

"Guess what kids - daddy beat a Porsche in the Picasso/Quashquai/Corsa 1.2 today" :lol:

Alright lads :) Been a while but a change of circumstances (losing one of my garages) resulted in me having to pull the Corrado out and get it legal. Took it for an MOT and it went through with just two advisories - handbrake not effective (seized off while it's been laid up basically) and slight play in track rod ends. Not bad bearing in mind it's been off the road for nearly a year....

Needs a damn good clean then maybe going up for sale

E88E46B5-FEC5-40DD-B0C3-18AC516632CF.jpg

I was never into red ones but that looks spot on! ZW1s butch up a Corrado perfectly. An old school wheel, but somehow modernises it!

I might just have to keep an eye out for your for sale ad :)

Getting the modifying itch again. I quite fancy dropping a Golf R or TTRS engine into one of these!

The guy at OBD-works is mid putting a Golf-R lump in his Leon Cupra. Awesome engines. Should be savage.

There's a few with there eyes on this by the looks of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening chaps (and chapesses) long time no post (again).

My Corrados been in storage since October 2016 but I got a sudden urge to go and drag it out of hibernation the other night and after hooking up a new battery and some fresh fuel, this was the result

wik3tu.jpg

Everything seemed ok other than a flat tyre and I didn’t have a pump with me so closed the door with a plan to go back with a pump and take it for a few laps of the farm where it’s stored to make sure all’s well. So I went back over yesterday, pumped the tyre up and it all seemed fine so I decided to take it the 22 miles from the farm to my house so I could get it ready for an MOT.

w051i.jpg

The only issues that arose on the drive back were the tyres are a bit flat spotted, the wipers were very lethargic and the blades seem a bit hard.

So this morning I nipped out and stripped down and greased the wiper motor and mech and that sorted the tired wiper issue.

More to follow... :)

Still looks great Jamie! Not a bad result really. Do you still have the 997 was it?

Edit; Just went back, do you still have the C4S?

Edited by seanl82

Hi Sean - how you doing mate? Yeah I was surprised how easily it all came together - was expecting a leak or something to be seized but it all seems good (famous last words :D ) I can only put it down to my fabulous car building skills haha

Yeah still got the 911, that won’t be going anywhere

Bit of both really mate. Going to run it around a bit on the sunny winter days to iron out anything that may be lurking from being stored, then as soon as the weather gets warmer it will be going up for sale