Sign in to follow this  
craigbeal

CAR MOT TODAY :/

Oh dear. its that time of year again. cars just gone in for its mot. fingers crossed. Every car i have ever had has failed on somthing even my mk2 gti 8v and i didnt think there was anything wrong with it. its always the stuff u cant see but thats life.....

I hate that time of year. I went for my MOT about 2 weeks ago. Even though I knew the car was in tip top condition I couldn't help but think they were going to pick up on something really expensive to tell me was wrong.

Big sigh of relief at the end of it! He couldn't praise it enough which was very good! I was well chuffed. Hope yours goes the same way!!

Am sure it will be fine :wink:

My VR6 has walked it's MOT's since I have had it.... :shock:

Good luck with it... mine failed the last one (but then I think mine really hates me anyway LOL) I'm sure you'll do fine

My VR6 has walked it's MOT's since I have had it.... :shock:

Yeah mine too.

Dunno why people worry about MOT'ing a VW.. they're tanks!

K

I have had to replace the chuffing rigid brake pipes on the last 3 cars I had tested. Thats about the only thing that VW cocked up on IMHO. Using steel, coated or not is a pants idea. :roll:

Better than scrapping it for the sake of a tenners worth of copper pipe. :)

Gavin

It failed on.....

1. Seezed hand brake cable - £15

2. The fella failed it because there was play in the wheel up and down after you locked the adjustable cloum. Honest to god there is so little its unbeleavable. :|

So got to take it back on monday and there gonna fit a new hand brake cable when it arrives and hes gonna bolt the coloum, then get it passed at the garage, and then un-bolt it again.

So monday should have an MOT for the car. :lol:

Mine failed on the NSR caliper/handbrake and a "rack boot" ? New caliper, rack boot, couple of hours labour and the MOT £180! :( suppose it could have been worse :|

ABS light didnt come on in the test. Got a few minor warnings...

slight ammount of play in the rear hubs (could this be causing my knocking on the rear pass side???)

Split Offside Inner CV Gator (cant believe they passed me, had a look and the thing is in 2 bits)

Slight blowing exhaust on the join near the back box (finally an excuse for a nice new exhaust :lol: )

Brakes actually felt much sharper all last night..wonder if they adjusted anything??

Knocking is more likely to be from the shocks or the exhaust - particularly if you know it's weak.

The rear wheel bearings can be adjusted, five minute job.

CV gator is a pain - fairly involved getting those on and off, unfortunately. :(

My old GTI failed on the CV boots which had split just a tiny bit. Buggers charged £80 to sort, so you have got off lightly!!