Rorgasm

Heated Windscreen Group Buy

I've been in contact with Rick Evans ( http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/index.html) in regards to getting a batch of heated windscreen made up for our beloved Corrado. He has agreed to a minimum batch size of 6:dance:

Rick will require a deposit of 30% to get the order on his books & it will take around 12weeks to get done.

Price will be;

£205 + Vat = £246 per screen

£44 for delivery (price will differ if you are in Ireland)

All screen must be the same so please let me know your preference on if you want a tinted screen or not. Then we can decided on which we go for.

Obviously we need to get the ball rolling on this so if your interested make sure you have the deposit of £74.

Think that covers it all but if you have any questions just ask.

Rory

Does the screen come with the rubber bonded on it,like a normal replacement ?

I'd rather have tinted,but will go with the majority,

As above per the rubber bond/

I'd only have tinted. But when we say tinted are we talking OE green tint?

I'd be interested in a top tint screen as long as it comes with rubber as said above.

Will have to wait till after xmas though for any deposit if OK

I shall ask Rick tomorrow about the rubbers but I don't think they do but I wasn't aware other replacement did.

Through the 12 years of my Corrado ownership,I've had 7 screens,all of them had the rubber bonded on it !

Not sure if it can be bought separately

Are you talking about these rubbers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-1989-1996-WINDSCREEN-TOP-OUTER-MOULDING-/121149417540?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item1c35116844

or is it a rubber bead that goes on the inside of the windscreen, this is the first windscreen I've ever had to get.

7 screens:scratch: What the hell do you do to them??

Rick is going to get back to me on both questions, he asked what year so I said 1993. There is only one type of windscreen for all Rados right???? not aware of any differences between G60, VR6 & 16V.

Rick will not be able to supply the heated windscreen with a rubber seal bonded to it:brickwall:

I haven't replied back to him yet as i'm guessing this proves a bit of a problem for us. Obviously I don't know much about windscreens but i'll be heading over to see John at JMR on Friday, so i'll ask his opinion on the matter.

Regards

Rory

Morning all,

Well I wish I had better news for you all but unfortunately JMR (John in Littlehampton) has agreed that the screen needs to come with the rubber part bonded on otherwise we will have some problem getting hold of the part let alone pay quite a bit more money to get it done. Not sure about you guys but i'm not willing to pay anymore than £300 for a windscreen Custom built or not.