Ray1965

My Corrado

Just thought I'd post these of my car. :thumbleft:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76671[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76669[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76670[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76668[/ATTACH]

That looks superb mate, nice and original and lovely condition. Have you done much to it to get it in that condition?

All i have done is compound polish and thats it.

Running on standard shocks also.

87,ooo miles on the clock

Edited by Ray1965

Can I buy your standard set up when you do please?

I wont be for a while tbh. Dunno if I should either??? hmm no idea what to get coilies or lowering springs ??:scratch:

I've always been a fan of the '4x4' ride height! For me its the best set up for brisk progress on our terribly rough roads. Standard all the way for me fella, with the possible exception of Exhaust/Induction and brakes

I've always been a fan of the '4x4' ride height! For me its the best set up for brisk progress on our terribly rough roads. Standard all the way for me fella, with the possible exception of Exhaust/Induction and brakes

It is a very valid point considering the condition of our road's.

Looks like I'm stopping 4x4 then:smug:

Nothing wrong with standard Ray especially considering the rather low mileage of your car but the most important thing being if you are happy with the way it is bugger everybody else it is your car.

Nothing wrong with standard Ray especially considering the rather low mileage of your car but the most important thing being if you are happy with the way it is bugger everybody else it is your car.

Good point there mate. Might invest in some different wheels 16 inch I think, dunno really not up on what's good and what's not. Have to look into it

A few more pics, taken whilst i was in a empty car park.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77312[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]77313[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]77314[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]77315[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77316[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]77317[/ATTACH] :thumbleft:

Edited by Ray1965

A few more of the car.

Displaying the wrong VR6 badge the only one i could get for now, off an VR golf, way way too big.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77872[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77875[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77876[/ATTACH]

Edited by Ray1965
wrong link

Don't know what would be best the 4x4 standard look or lowering springs or coil overs. Thoughts please.

Don't know what would be best the 4x4 standard look or lowering springs or coil overs. Thoughts please.

Any thoughts guys

All depend's how you want it mate if you still want a bit of comfort with a bit of stance go for the lowering spring's if you are not bothered about comfort go for the coilover's.

Took car for its first MOT from me getting a the car one year ago. Tbh I was pacing up and down like expectant Dad. I learnt off the one of the lads in the garage that the guy doing the test was more than keen when doing MOT's. GULP.. I must say had mixed feelings as it is after all a good thing to have the safety and road worthiness of your car checked properly over.

The test was done I approached him, to get the verdict.

He said the only thing wrong with the car is that it's not his!.. he then told me the car had passed but he had a few advisory items See list:

Advisory Items:

001 Nearside rear Rear wheel bearing has slight play (2.6.2]

002 Offside rear Rear wheel bearing has slight play (2.6.2]

003 Nearside rear Shock absorber has a light misting of oil

(2.7.3]

004 Offside rear Shock absorber has a light misting of oil

[2.7.3]

]

005 (front discs) brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not

seriously weakened [3.S.1i]

~

]

006 Oil leak

Here's the emission test results:

Descri~tion II Limits II Actual Value II Result I

Fast Idle Test II - I - I PASSED I

II' I Engine Speed ,12500-3000 rpm II MANUAL CHECK

Pass 'I'

ico II

IHC

--

lambda 0.970-1.030 II 1.016 I Pass I

Natural Idle Test - II - II PASSED I

Engine Speed 450-1500 rpm II MANUAL CHECK II Pass I

co II

Overall Result: Exhaust Emissions Test PASSED

Tested by:

Well I am well chuffed with the car. :thumbleft: obviously going to look at the oil leak which is under the engine at the front. Need to get it cleaned off to see where exactly,(does not leave any drips on the ground so it is not a bad one).

As for the rest i can sort out as and when.

Edited by Ray1965

Nice work. You can ignore the bearing play ones, they're meant to have a slight amount of play in them but knowing that seems to elude a few MOT's testers.

Nice work. You can ignore the bearing play ones, they're meant to have a slight amount of play in them but knowing that seems to elude a few MOT's testers.

Cheers for that. Did not know this, learn something every day.

Taper bearings you see. They fall apart if too tight or too loose.

Cheers for the info. I'm glad the car has passed the mot, now to concentrate on the good stuff..Oh btw i have now cured the oil leak. it looked like it was a loose oil temp sensor was weeping not dripping thats why i haven't noticed it, the mot tester picked up on it.

Just want to mention the oil itself, every time i have checked it, the oil is really clean to say it has been in for a year now , the oil has done 2,600 miles up to present. Was surprised to see it still a golden colour tbh.(hope theres nothing wrong)

Edited by Ray1965