ryanpretty

BMW e30 wipers fit perfect

for those of you who don't want the new style aero wipers blades and want something more original , I went to the scrap yard and got some BMW wiper arms and blades off an e30 BMW . the arms fit perfect and just clear the bonnet. the blades are a tad short but longer blades will cure this. cost me a tenner and wipes screen perfect

Nice tip! Certainly an interesting alternative to the Lupo, and Audi TT wipers!

splines are exact the same , got wipers off an e30 BMW , bolt straight on and have the benefit of having the plastic caps that fit over the nuts similar to mk2 golf wiper arms , I'll see if I can get some pics up when it ever stops raining

Thinks I'll get some sharpish then! I've never really been keen on the lupo or tt arms, but the drive down to Plymouth in the rain yesterday really highlighted how bad the standard ones are, especially at speed. Down right dangerous at times!

Grinding away the two lobes in the standard wiper arms help massively, I did this and got some Bosch Super Plus blades and they work perfectly 95% of the time.

that's why I like the idea, I thought I would treat myself to some new blades. only small problem I have found is that you need to lift bonnet to change blades ..... not to much of a problem and doesn't bother me ,but worth pointing out.

received my e30 wipers today will update u how they fit tomorrow, :)

theres two part numbers on them 843 and 844, which one did u use for passenger and driver side?

haven't looked at part numbers as got mine from scrap yard, I'll have a look and see if I can find any part numbers but basically used both driver and passenger side. I have also since found out that drivers side arm rubs slightly on bonnet when moving, doesn't effect arm movement but I may experiment with a bonnet spacers

Ordered some E30 Arms arrived today massive springs £14 pr delivered much cheaper than TT ones WILL fit Sat and take a few photos.

Wiper Arms fitted however had to place a small spacer behind driver side wiper mechanism as there was very slight rubbing on bonnet. Also to maintain same screen coverage fitted 22" blades as a result screen clearing and pressure is 100% better than before.

Edited by Rocket Ron

Ordered some E30 Arms arrived today massive springs £14 pr delivered much cheaper than TT ones WILL fit Sat and take a few photos.

Wiper Arms fitted however had to place a small spacer behind driver side wiper mechanism as there was very slight rubbing on bonnet. Also to maintain same screen coverage fitted 22" blades as a result screen clearing and pressure is 100% better than before.

Where did the spacer have to go - any chance of some pics matey? I assume it's a worthwhile thing to do if you're still rocking with original arms?

X2, got any photos? Glad I've come across this was going to invest in some Lupo one's this month!

must admit, I've had a pair of these in my parts bin for months, would be great to see where the spacer goes, as I want to get mine fitted.

Can someone post part numbers for the arms/mechanisms with the covers and the right sized blades?

I Experimented fitted 20" first coverage not enough finally went for 22"

Regarding part numbers once I heard about this mod ordered 1 Pair BMW E30 1990 Wiper Arms covers already with arms don't realy need part numbers.Also you use existing corrado mechanism.

This is a simple mod anyone with suitable tools can do.

Hope the pics are ok and I have explained it enough.

Edited by Rocket Ron

I Experimented fitted 20" first coverage not enough finally went for 22"

Regarding part numbers once I heard about this mod ordered 1 Pair BMW E30 1990 Wiper Arms covers already with arms don't realy need part numbers.Also you use existing corrado mechanism.

This is a simple mod anyone with suitable tools can do.

Hope the pics are ok and I have explained it enough.

You mention a slight rubbing of the arm on the bonnet on passenger side - can this be resolved - is it likely to scratch - damage the paintwork?

Thanks again