ryanpretty

BMW e30 wipers fit perfect

I just bought a pair - mine are awful, even with the filed down lugs. Fingers crossed this will do the trick! Thanks for all the tips folks.

Jamie

Ron - quick query - are you getting any rubbing on the plastic windscreen trim? The metal "C" bit of wire that connects the arm to the spring seems to be fouling mine slightly and wondered if it's the same for you?

Cheers.

ok, nice one.

I fitted the above on Friday and they're so much better than the standard arms. I had to recess my spindle by 4mm in the end. I ordered 2 x 22" blades, but might replace the passenger side with a 23" at some point, as my dashcam is mounted quite high up and I want to make sure the wipers sweep where the camera is.

A worthwhile upgrade - £13 for a pair of arms (need a little bit of paint - will do that in the summer prolly) and about 1/2 hour fannying about with washers etc.

Glad someone else has fitted with not to much trouble a worth while mod and much cheaper than a TT or Lupo option and it keeps it standard. I wonder if a concourse judge would notice one to try.Can't try mine as it is not up to standard expected.

What I want to try now is find a donar car that has a cover to fill that void space where the wiper motor is. Next project to visit a scrap yard to measure up. I know there is one on the market but who wants to pay their prices.

Edited by Rocket Ron

Update - had a proper test in the rain today - the old wipers would start to lift at speeds of about 50mph upwards, causing poor wiper performance. The new arms don't start to lift until into triple figures (done on a private road etc), and I'm, sure if a small spoiler was fitted to the blade (I'm sure I've seen something like that before, mebbe on my old Renault 19 valver?) then it would reduce blade lift at higher speeds.

A well worth mod - thanks to the people who have tried this and posted their findings :)

Glad someone else has fitted with not to much trouble a worth while mod and much cheaper than a TT or Lupo option and it keeps it standard. I wonder if a concourse judge would notice one to try.Can't try mine as it is not up to standard expected.

What I want to try now is find a donar car that has a cover to fill that void space where the wiper motor is. Next project to visit a scrap yard to measure up. I know there is one on the market but who wants to pay their prices.

The mk2 Golf hard type scuttle fits with a little tweaking around the ECU. Seen it a few times and it looks perfectly stock. If it's just the wiper motor, the passat B3? Uses the same motor and wiper mech, and has a small cover for the motor which cleans it up a little.