Hofmiester

Could this be right? Brand new VR6 steering wheels fom VW Classic?

Speaking of which, any progress a week later?

When they said "free postage" they must have put them on the back of a horse and cart :(

VW really value their enthusiast owners. I think we have already established that to be the case. They really don't deserve the loyal following they have sometimes.

Porsche and Mercedes however have a really good classic parts division. Despite how regularly you see a beetle or a camper van converted Into a lunch box or a pencil sharpener, vw just don't seem to care about the enthusiast.

A massive box from VW classic just arrived.......please be the right part....please dont be damaged :)

Will put pics up as soon as I get a chance at work.

A massive box from VW classic just arrived.......please be the right part....please dont be damaged :)

Will put pics up as soon as I get a chance at work.

Few pics I took late night in the office. They look smashing, so nice to see plastics that are satin finish and not shiny and smooth.

I've checked all if them, no damage but one has a strange casting Mark on the plastic section. I'll take the hit and that one will be mine :(

Manufacture dates range on them from 1996 to 2003, so these really are the last Corrado wheels ever!

What I wasn't expecting is how much texture there is to the leather, unlike modern wheels that have a smooth satin finish, these have a lot of leather texture to them.

[ATTACH]77741[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77742[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77743[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77744[/ATTACH]

Just going to check my bank statement to work out final costs, will let you guys know what the damage is :)

Good job! Let me know, PayPal is awaiting! Can I be cheeky and ask for one of that latest ones. I'm just a bit of a "last ever batch" kinda guy!

Triffic and rather kind of you to take the hit on getting the slightly marked one, Ron. It's always the person who organises these things that gets the short straw it seems (speaking from experience).

I'm aware I owe you still for the horn centre but just work out what's owed and I will square up with you :)

Great work on this Ron.

Can see the pics now and that the centres are there. Also appreciate you taking the less than perfect one. Thank you.

Hi Chaps,

Checked my statement and it comes to £1230.97 + £16 bank charge = £1246.97 (exchange rate was about 1.19)

So for the guys having a wheel and horn cover, it is £178.13

Postage is an additional £10 for those who want them posting. I do head down to Sheffield from time to time or you can collect from Newcastle.

If there was anyone that wanted a wheel only, then let me know as I'll need to work out the difference.

So far the payments I've had are:

Butterfly = £155

Morten = £165

Adrian = £165

Matt = £150

Jim = £165

Sean = £155

By my maths that means I owe you £23.13 (as I'll need mine posting as I'm some way away from you!) so if I chuck you over £25 that should cover everything, Ron? I should still have your email address for PayPal purposes (which I'll send as a gift of course).

I would appreciated it posting too and as I'm having a horn cover I also make that £23.16 but will round it up like Jim to £25. I will send via PayPal gift to the previous account later tonight or tomorrow morning when I get to my pc. I will confirm when done and also pm my address. Thank you.

I've sent the £25 via paypal and pm'd my address. Once again thanks for taking the trouble to organise this.