Hofmiester

Could this be right? Brand new VR6 steering wheels fom VW Classic?

I'm patient but I would like to see some kind of progress!

The part number on my steering wheel is 1H0 419 091 F so that is different to the one listed on the website, but i'm not sure what has changed regarding part numbers.

Oh right I see :salute:

I've emailed Peter at VW Classic Parts before and he does reply,

but normally with in 2 to 3 days.

But then in saying that I emailed him just before Christmas regarding a few parts I was looking in to,

and he came back to me around the 9th of January which was a 2-1/2 to 3 week wait.

So hopefully he'll come back to you guys ASAP.

I'm surprised really he hasn't replied sooner to you considering that you guys are wanting to place the order,

and have the payment ready to send.

Hope you guys get it sorted.

Si

Me Sean? It's a chunky, leather clad VR6 wheel that number.

No mate, soz!. I was referring to the one that's linked to classic parts.

I've just find on Ebay a load of the VR6 steering wheels,

looks like the ones that you guys are after.

I thought they were new but says refurbised, don't look too bad really.

item number is 140373132939

Looks like it's all in German,

oh hang on it's in english as well right at the bottom of the sellers page.

They cost £87.99 euros = to £72.83 pounds.

says they have more then 10 in stock.

Postage states they do send to the UK,

cost is £18.00 euros = to £14.00 pounds.

Also says that they would want you to post back to them your same style old steering wheel,

so they can refurbish that and sell it on I guess.

Here's the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lederlenkrad-Lenkrad-VW-Golf-3-VR6-GTI-Passat-Corrado-r/140373132939?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.RVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D4609405475520115284%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D0%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201031879884

Si

My friend has still had no response from VW Classic Parts. He tried ringing (straight to a voicemail that says go online) and has now filled out an online contact form. What the hell is going on there? :|

Finally a reply from Peter

Sorry, Ron, I was away for a little time, but did forget to answer you when I came back..

My colleague Stefan told me that Eric Coolen contacted him..

The seven wheels are still reserved for you, just waiting for payment.

The cap is 1H0 419 669 J 01C, around 25 € each..

What to do?

Sorry again, Peter

Does anyone need a centre cap too? at 25 euros I might just buy 7 of them too as I'm sure I could sell them on.

Going to order at the end of the day today, so please speak up!

Cheers

Ron

Edited by Hofmiester

Bugger I knew I should have bought one but thought I wouldn't be able to get a centre.

Bag me a cap too, Ron - I'll send through more money. Great news on an update finally :)

Can't wait to feel what a factory fresh steering wheel feels like.

Bugger I knew I should have bought one but thought I wouldn't be able to get a centre.

Ditto.

Horn caps

1) Me

2) Jim

3) Sean Jaymo

4) Portent

5) Mort1414

As I have no idea what these will translate to on my debit card (they are 25 euros) I'll just buy them and then if its OK, let you know the final cost once I've paid and can look at my bank balance.

Some peeps will owe me a little more anyway once I have the charge figure, but the good thing is we get it all at once and so only pay the bank charge once :)

Going to order in the morning at 10am so any more takers on the caps have until then.

Cheers

Ron

I've just find on Ebay a load of the VR6 steering wheels,

looks like the ones that you guys are after.

I thought they were new but says refurbised, don't look too bad really.

item number is 140373132939

Looks like it's all in German,

oh hang on it's in english as well right at the bottom of the sellers page.

They cost £87.99 euros = to £72.83 pounds.

says they have more then 10 in stock.

Postage states they do send to the UK,

cost is £18.00 euros = to £14.00 pounds.

Also says that they would want you to post back to them your same style old steering wheel,

so they can refurbish that and sell it on I guess.

Here's the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lederlenkrad-Lenkrad-VW-Golf-3-VR6-GTI-Passat-Corrado-r/140373132939?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.RVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D4609405475520115284%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D0%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201031879884

Si

Same guys I mentioned earlier in the thread. My original wheel was looking a bit tatty. They sent me a freshly upholstered one, including my choice of stitch colour. I then posted them my wheel. Job done and better than new IMO.

Hi guys,

Looks like there are a few folks who want a cap but are not buying a wheel. That causes a bit of a problem in that I have to organise more postage and I don't really want to buy this many caps up front without payment and then also have to get a payment for postage on caps only etc

I hope you guys understand.

I am going to order 7 caps along with the 7 wheels, I'll give first refusal to the guys buying wheels (so far 5 have confirmed) then the others, if any left will be offered to the other guys who just want a cap......in order of their reply in this thread.

I don't think the caps are obsolete now, just the wheels :) so we're just saving on postage with them.

Happy to give anyone who doesn't get a cap the guys email addy at vw classic so you can order from him direct. The cost of postage would be the only difference.

Cheers

Ron

All done!

"Ron, thank you, I charged the card, in the end it is 1434,93 €..

The shipping will be soon to the UK

Best regards, Peter"

So I will be in touch when they get here. I think with all the other new clips, bushes and a new wheel and a new horn cap, it will make the car feel like it doesn't have 141K on the clock :)