ExR32

Replacing indicator Stalk

Hi,

My Hazard warning button has jammed in so Ive picked up a new unit with indicator stalk, are they easy to fit?

Thanks

You need to remove the wheel and the cowling to get to it. For the wheel, pull off the horn cover, unclip the horn wire on the inside, and then a 24mm socket to undo the nut that holds it on. The cowling has three screws underneath (need a long thin screwdriver for this), but most have them missing so it might just clip off. The stalks are then held on with long screws - you'll see them, and there is a multiplug connector or two going to them that you need to unclip. Not sure from memory if the MFA stalk on the right needs to come off first or not to get to the indicator one.

Yep not to hard to fit . Remove the steering wheel and the cowling . You will then see the screws holding the stalks to the unit they attatch to . Firstly remove the electrical plugs that are fitted to the back of them . Then remove the screws , the stalk arms will then come away from where they are fitted . Fit the new ones in their place , refit the elecrical plugs and replace the cowling and steering wheel. Hope this helps .

Rob

Thanks guys! Its in.... but my Rado makes me laugh.. prior to fitting, the hazard button was broke and 'flashing' the full beam never worked, it just used to get stuck on so I blinded the person I was letting out the junction, but horn was spot on!

Now, its the reverse, hazard and flash is good, but now horn doesnt work!

Guess 2 out of 3 isnt bad, but annoying! If its not one problem its another.

Hi,

Sorry, which bit is the slip ring? When I put it back together, there was a bronze plate which didnt seem to stay in place, it had a wire to it, then another wire to the last steering wheel/horn part itself.

Sounds like thats the reason the horn is not working , without looking at mine i cant remember how the plate is fixed . does it look obvious where its sopposed to be fixed ?. Sorry i cant be any more help at the moment .

Rob

If the horn is not working also try giving the horn connectors a clean. I had this problem and it cured it in the past.

is there any way to make the operation smoother, like on more modern cars? It might be a question of fitting a different mechanism but is that even feasible?