Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Supercharged VR6 Sound

Just wondering what a supercharged vr6 sounds like? :D Must sound pretty amazing!!!

Anyone got any sound/video clips of one. I know there is a few guys on hear with sc vrs.

cheers

timo 8)

Erm, concorde?! They sound amazing :shock: :twisted: - heard one on the rollers at AmD a while back.

I've got a video.. bear with me whilst I sort out some hosting.

Ok.. this was taken by someone from the CCGB, so if they are reading, hope they don't mind! It was Tom Ingrams awesome supercharged VR6 which he sold some time ago now.. and coincidentally Andy, this is on AmD's rollers :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chicane-uk/toms-sc-vr6.mpg

You are best off right clicking on the link and doing a 'Save Target As', because the video is MPEG it won't stream too well :)

just hearing Guy Hartley's chargedupstorm reversing into his space on the VWCCGB stand was damn impressive too 8) 8) 8)

BLIMEY!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: well good :mrgreen:

Its something I want to do..... in the future obviously...... very distance future.....maybe by the time I retire.... :roll:

sounds well good :lol:

cheers for that, just what i was looking for

timo

Maybe someone can check out the prices for a group buy...

The ZR2 seems to be the easiest to fit DIY

I was wondering, if you drove your charged VR normally for 90% of the time would you still need to improve the standard cooling?

I tell u something the VR6 supercharge sound is amazing and ive had the nicest pleasure of find out what a 311bhp Corrado Storm goes like ;) and i can tell u there is nothing slow about that car lol

But when you speak to Guy about it he would tell you its not worth the hassel which i do agree with his points and if your thinking about doing this be prepared for a possible massive money pit :shock:

The charger acts as a kind of cooler by blowing cold air into the engine. Since fitting mine the temps haven't changed, probably dropped a bit actually but I've fitted an oil cooler just for good measure. Standard vr6s too should have an additional oil cooler imo.

What does the 311bhp storm run on the 1/4 mile?

Mate I have no idea as i dont think Guy has taken his corrado up the 1/4 mile and i dont know if he has any intentions of doing but i think if he can control the wheel spin the car would be very quick as its has a crap load of torque there

ah, wheelspin, so it's not quick then....

thats only from stand still otherwise :shock: :lol: :evil:

Do I need to point out that 1/4 mile drag racing is done from a standstill?

well unless where like u and running LSD we all have problem with putting the power down without wheel spin from standstill including myself but then i prefer that much more interesting and less boring :D

Can't actually hear the charger over the dyno wheel noise :roll:

Sounds like any other VR I've heard tbh.

One C you can hear a Charger on and also sounds bloody good anyway is H8RRA's. There was a link to it somewhere on here but I think it's on PVW's site.

It tears off up a strip at a silly rate of knots :lol:

K