Byrd

My new sensible daily..................

It all started in November last year- got the itch to be sensible and get a polo for daily duties- something with aircon and a small engine..............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77604[/ATTACH]

Yip, so now got 2 x 22 year misfits that I am combining my daily driving duties with. Amazing how much more I am enjoying the corrado now that I have got the 964. Although you could not find 2 more different cars, the corrado feels very sophisticated and well behaved next top the porsche. And I have also stopped being so ANAL with the corrado- HAd a full engine rebuild last year on her, but when I got her back- she was lacking personality, so end of last year took the head off again and followed Vince's Stealths instructions on getting cam timing set right, and had the head polished and ported.................OOhhh what a difference! 964 is much more of a brute that the C- if you pull away while turning and boot it by accident you can get yourself into real trouble- it has growled at me a coup,le of times now.........Went into a corner a bit quickly a week ago and booted it on the way out- did a fill 180 spin ina cloud of expensive P-Zero smoke!!!! Corrado would have sailed through the corner- spose I have alot to learn with the new girl.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77605[/ATTACH]

So to all you sensible Corrado owners out there............If you looking for something economical- 17mpg- and thats a massive contrast to the C- I sincerely recommend a 964!!:thumbleft:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77606[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77607[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77608[/ATTACH]

Thanks VAG- HAG.............The In-Laws are coming to stay next weekend from the UK, and considering I have 3 kids under 6 and other responsibilities that need attending to, I dont think they are going to "Like my Style"!!!

They have been acting as my Corrado part mules for years now, lugging things like sunroof panels out from the UK, so can you imagine their faces when they see the other 22 year old misfit parked up next to the C- Oh yeah baby! More parts please!!! :dance:

It is a chopper indeed, 1971 judging from the number stamped into the rear hub. Got new tyres for her and all the rest is there- just taken it apart for a clean up- not going to restore her- like the playworn orignal look. Riding the chpper really makes you appreciate why on BMXs they reinforced the handle bars with the cross brace- Man those chopper bars really have alot of flex!!!!

On the porker- all I have changed is the centre caps on the wheels are now black which looks alot better omo.

Would love to go the whole hog and get the 17" Fuchs - This is the pic that started it all for me.......................[ATTACH=CONFIG]77609[/ATTACH]

LOL, now that I think of it, here is the pic that started the chopper thing for me..................[ATTACH=CONFIG]77613[/ATTACH]

Mmmmmmmmm, I see a pattern forming here....................one could say I do like a nice ass. Starting with the Corrado!!! :thumbleft:

I replaced my first Corrado with a 964, brilliant but painful in daily driver mode! Mine was mapped and decatted with 300 brake! Sounded amazing!

Yip, the 964 isn't pleasant as a daily. But for twisty road blasts it is brutal.... Always thought the c was a hooligan but she seems so sophisticated now! 964 really has made the corrado seem fresh again. After getting to know the 964 cannot imagine what a turbo or seriously tweaked one would feel like.... Definately understand why it got the nickname the widow maker!!

I used to have a 911SC and miss it every day, BUT, I just can't part with the 'rado it does everything I want it to do, makes me smile every time I plant my foot but gives me 37mpg on a sensible run which justifies me using it for work.

But I still want a 911 again....

Enjoy!

I wouldn't say that it was bad as a car. It was far too thirsty for my 60mile commute for my liking but it was comfortable and a good cruiser. I did feel very precious over it though and that was bad on the Oxford ring road!

I agree! I'll have another 911 as well!

I prefer the shape of the 997 to the new 991. Think the water cooled cars are more civilized for daily duties, which is why Porsche maybe stopped with the aircooled. Would love a 997 Carrera 4s with that fat rear end as a daily!!!!! Best thing for me about the aircooled, is when you accelerate and take your foot off, the sound of the engine running in compression is amazing!! The turbo cars must be something else, but for me the clean lines of a Carrera are awesome- never been a fan of the whale tails and duck tails..