BILLCOR

Mystic Blue Storm R32

To be fair, any modded VW can bag you a ban fairly swiftly! Better to go out with a big 6 bang though :)

My standard VR6 cost me 5 points! :D

/\ I rest my case!!

I have no idea how I escaped a ban driving a VRT for 60,000 miles. I only got 3 points in that car. A TS20. "Failure to comply with double whitelines". Crime of the bloody century!!

To be fair, I wasn't even going very fast. My VR6 didn't like 30mph. It always seemed to struggle in one gear, but rev too high in the one below. Got caught doing 35 in a 30 zone, and ended up with 5 points because I had lost my licence, and had to go to court. :(

They're all gone now though, hence the hunt for another Corrado :D

So if 3 points makes you lose your license, you get an extra bonus 2 points as punishment? Or you got 5 points because you were driving without a license. i.e banned? If the latter, very brave of you to admit to that on a car forum, lol!

So if 3 points makes you lose your license, you get an extra bonus 2 points as punishment? Or you got 5 points because you were driving without a license. i.e banned? If the latter, very brave of you to admit to that on a car forum, lol!

IIRC I already had 6 points on my license, then got pulled over for speeding in the VR6. They were going to give me an 'on the spot' fine and 3 points, but because I couldn't produce my license (because I had lost my wallet with the photocard part in a nightclub 2 nights earlier), they sent me to court. They wanted to give me 6 points and take my license from me, but some grovelling on my part saw me get off with 5 points and a heftier fine.

It's been done to MK2s mostly but I do know that the TFSI fuel and electronic hurdles have been overcome. I think Q peng do a conversion kit.

The throttle map would need taming down as it's savage low down. Wheelspin city!

I've just come from TFSI back to VR6, TFSI is in most parts outside the realms of DIY for most people. Also not that rewarding an engine to work on as it is so solid. I've had 2, an early 2006 and a latest TSI, I did DIY on my first one with fitting a Ko4 turbo, auto tech fuel pump, intake and down pipe. Made just over 300bhp for about £2500 worth of mods (£2500 for 100bhp is good value!)

The TSI was even better value. Full manifold back exhaust, ITG intake and a Shark stage 2 map cost £1500 and yielded 276bhp(76bhp for £1500)

Savage low down power as you say, also the TSI i had was DSG which made it really quick......but boring as F***