Stonejag

Having a clear out - some parts free

To be honest I've forgotten which one is which so I'll let you decide :lol: One has a higher gloss to it than the other (i.e. it's more shiny), but both obviously 'work'.

headlight-reflectors.jpg

Sump pictures - apologies they're not great, it's hard to take pictures of dark satin things!

platedsump1.jpg

platedsump2.jpg

platedsump3.jpg

Stone

Typical, another hard-to-photograph dark thing :lol: Let me know if these are OK.

scuttle-cover1.jpg

scuttle-cover2.jpg

The passenger side is the duller one, I'll need to have a look at mine and see if yours is any brighter. The reason I need one is because mine is quite dull and I have a feeling it'll fail it's MOT because of no beam pattern.

How do you remove the reflectors? Can it be done through the front of the headlight after removing the glass. Or do you need to remove the whole headlight and take it out from the back?

Reason I ask is because I can't get the full headlight out because the middle, low down screw is completely rusted through.

Cheers

The passenger side is the duller one, I'll need to have a look at mine and see if yours is any brighter. The reason I need one is because mine is quite dull and I have a feeling it'll fail it's MOT because of no beam pattern.

How do you remove the reflectors? Can it be done through the front of the headlight after removing the glass. Or do you need to remove the whole headlight and take it out from the back?

Reason I ask is because I can't get the full headlight out because the middle, low down screw is completely rusted through.

Cheers

Sump looks good.. I'll take it, I was gonna buy a new one because it looks as if some chimp jacked me car up by the engine, but thicker is a bonus. I shall pm

They do come out of the front, but you most likely won't be able to do it with the headlights fitted - just getting the glass off would be horrific and you're likely to break the top adjuster getting the reflector out. Mine were rusted too - I ended up pounding a really long screwdriver into the dead screw and just going really gently - then replacing the screw and plastic insert afterwards.

Not saying it's impossible but it'd be a truly awful job. Personally I'd snap off the middle mount from the slam panel before doing it that way.

Stone

I'll figure it out, somehow!

I'll take the passenger side reflector (the duller one).

PM me your PayPal details and I'll get £15 over to you mate.

Cheers.

Hi Stonejag,

Do you have the left (passenger) side headlight reflector, and is it in reasonable condition (shiny and not dull/yellowed)? If so, I'm interested.

Cheers!

I'll take the mocal and associated gubbins, would you take £90, money sat here, ready to go?