CazzaVR

Bristol Volksfest 6-8th June *Convoy & BBQ Details*

Its a shame i didnt get to meet you cazza but was looking in club camping!!!! never mind pitched up in family camping instead and had a fanatstic time got to see me beach buggy i built years ago and got taken around the off road track by her new owner who was a really nice guy and met a couple of boys from the club (glad i didnt bring mine she looks awful in comparison!!!) top weekend but shattered

bristolvolksfest2014070_zps37d9323e.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014002_zps7a229845.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014004_zps39c12125.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014006_zpsbf28513c.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014017_zps4260f788.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014023_zps247fc450.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014024_zpsd69f4719.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014027_zpsafa4a085.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014030_zps2ea8f152.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014031_zps8b657eb3.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014032_zpseecbfcc4.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014037_zpsaf858c90.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014038_zps8b275309.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014040_zps4865b4f3.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014043_zps36682d25.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014045_zps9f5b1834.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014046_zpsb1a69a99.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014048_zps93d36c7b.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014049_zps33e6abaa.jpg

bristolvolksfest2014050_zps002f6e26.jpg

Yeah, was a shame! Good pics 8) glad you had a good weekend :) always a good show- much nicer atmosphere than a lot of the others.

Hey maybe next time !

Last time i went to the Bristol show just of the M32 must have been nigh on twenty years ago i bought doors for my bay window from Alan schofield (i was well off back then) things have moved on some :cool: and yes it had a super family feel about it i thoroughly enjoyed myself although the drive up was terrible and all we wanted to do was get camped but the weather was super!

Some great photos. Shame we missed every one but next year I should be able to commit to it properly but most.probably corradoless

Great pics Dan , was great to meet you and Darren and captain red eye [forgot your name !] . We had a great day , the sun shone and the cars were lovely . Me Rog , Matt and Chris had a small convoy on the way home when another Vr joined us on the M5 . Only one small grumble .When we saw the catogories for the show cars we saw that the Mk1 's 2's and 3's had their own sections . So the next section was called ''other watercooled '' . A little unfair we thought , that the Mk 4's, 5's Lupo's ,Boras, Passats ,Vento's , polo's, scirroco's and Corrado's were all lumped together . Not that you expect to win ,but it does make it alot harder when the section is so big .

Rob

A thoroughly nice weekend again at Volksfest & really nice to meet Rob,Dan & good chatting to Chris again after 3 years! & nice catching up with everyone else.let

Agreed about the categories Rob,I think I heard something about it being altered next year.Your car looks great btw, the effort you have put in has paid off & it was certainly getting plenty of attention.

Just a few pics from meude4yzuj.jpgqydaqu2y.jpguqu3ynys.jpg

Thanks for the comments Darren . I have to say yours is a beautiful car too , very nice indeed . I was going to put some pics up bit they are the same as yours !. Many thanks for sharing your car cleaning water too

Rob

Edited by robrado974

As above, awesome day, deffo worth the trip although there was only 4 Corrado's at the whole show.

Good to meet a few new faces, Matt, Chris L, Bloke with the R32 engined rado (sorry mate, don't know your name) and redeye something (again, sorry, I'm proper crap with names).

Anyway, a few pics from me.

Exeter mini meet pre convoy to Bristol, mine and Rob's.

IMG_4544_zpsde999e97.jpg

IMG_4545_zps6c0bc7e0.jpg

IMG_4546_zps359a3a78.jpg

Darren's and Rob's doing the Corrado's proud in the show and shine.

IMG_4561_zpsb288a533.jpg

IMG_4560_zpsc78fa271.jpg

IMG_4563_zpsf3389ff6.jpg

'All by myself' My ropey old storm guarding the Corrado club stand.

IMG_4550_zps7f8c0ad1.jpg

IMG_4551_zpsc5dd6c2c.jpg

IMG_4559_zpsd0c89a63.jpg

Feeling lonely, 'Stormy' joins her better looking sisters for a final photo call.

IMG_4564_zpsdad603b1.jpg

IMG_4565_zps4ae40fd1.jpg

The 'other' Corrado, a nice G60 hiding on a random stand.

IMG_4554_zps00bec89f.jpg

The rest of the dross...lol

IMG_4562_zpsb7615c2f.jpg

IMG_4558_zps4c7b4fbb.jpg

IMG_4557_zpsfb1aeb31.jpg

IMG_4556_zps80480cdc.jpg

IMG_4555_zpsa97ffb9d.jpg

IMG_4553_zpsf3ac9cb4.jpg

IMG_4552_zps4586378a.jpg

IMG_4549_zps40d45a41.jpg

All in all a very enjoyable day topped off with an awesome 3 Corrado convoy to Exeter...

Rog.. (sun burnt yet again...)

Edited by Roger Chatfield

Only one small grumble .When we saw the catogories for the show cars we saw that the Mk1 's 2's and 3's had their own sections . So the next section was called ''other watercooled '' . A little unfair we thought , that the Mk 4's, 5's Lupo's ,Boras, Passats ,Vento's , polo's, scirroco's and Corrado's were all lumped together . Not that you expect to win ,but it does make it alot harder when the section is so big .

Rob

Its always been this way with Bristol.. It's very much an aircooled - with watercooled welcome - show. It's pretty shortsighted - Although some of us might not have a car worth of show and shine, You want to see others that are.

I'd do:

Mk1

Mk2

Mk3&4

Mk5,6,7

Polo/Lupo/Fox/Up

Coupes

Booted

That way there's a decent chance for everyone, with only 3 extra trophies - £30 and another ten minutes of presentations? More chance of more 'show' cars coming and more of a future for the show as time goes on..

Great pics Rog , nice to see you again . Thanks For the comment James , very proud of how she looks right now . Baron , yes that would be a lot better to do it that way . It's always the way , air cooled and mk1s get all the attention .

Rob

Spotted this beauty on Instagram ;)

Haha, good pic there with a couple of handsome chaps in the background!!!

I really enjoyed the day, lots of variety in cars, hot day, a couple of beers walking around.

I'm glad people are giving Rob such good comments about his car, I don't think he believes us when we say the same!

A really good day folks.

Think I need to invest in some different polish , the shine on Darren's car was amazing and those seats ....wow !

Spotted this beauty on Instagram ;)

who's the burk in the cap!!!! and I reckonise that tosser in the mk1 Tshirt!!! didn't he used to have a Corrado ;)

As you guys have said was a class day out and although there were not as many rados as I was expecting the ones that were there were lovely! The mini convoy on the way back was the icing on the cake! Good to see a few more faces from the forum.

who's the burk in the cap!!!! and I reckonise that tosser in the mk1 Tshirt!!! didn't he used to have a Corrado ;)

Yeah but he covered it up 3 years ago and left her on the drive !!

As you guys have said was a class day out and although there were not as many rados as I was expecting the ones that were there were lovely! The mini convoy on the way back was the icing on the cake! Good to see a few more faces from the forum.

I had know idea you were there . I didnt even notice you going past me on the M5 ,until i looked over and saw you , Matt and i were to busy yapping lol. Nice looking car by the way . Nice to have three in a row on the motorway , the bloke in thr R32 was giving the thumbs up too .

Rob

yes was good lil convoy I was passenger in Rogs Storm my face aint been seen on this forum for a long time :( had a love affair with a certain Edition one G60!! going make a come back tho ;) lovely car btw mate

I have a photo from one of my mates who was in a golf behind us (R32 guy was one of my mates too) will get it up as soon as I load it on photobucket. And yes I will be going back next year with the car in the show too :)

10305331_10152518704386458_7306277202616604168_n_zps42c13a3e.jpg

Not very good quality but order is Rog, Me then Robrado and my mates R32 in for good measure!