Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Who has drag raced their Corrado?

And what did you run, with what spec.

I'm racing this Sunday at York, I'm hoping for low 14's.

I havent but I know a mate has with a standard VR6 2.9 Corrado with K&N induction kit and he did a 14.97 sec pass.... standard figure is 15.1 I believe???

You should have bought a Civic Type R, so you can hang your hand-bag on the gear stick.

anyway, I'd rather read humour and idle banter than slagging off of other people cars and companies.........

Wow, he called my posts "humour".

I am highly honoured.

Anyway, it's Phat's thread, so it's up to him to decide what the topic is! :)

I used to be like that. until it broke. then I just got into the swing of fixing everything that broke by replacing it with an uprated part. It's pretty strong now I think.

dont know if mine counts as its a g60 but i did have 1 run at inters just before lunchtime but it was raining and i spun right through first and second hence only managing a 16.55 :oops:

left the handbag at home though that day so that might be why :wink:

up the pod last year i did 14.2 and the dam turbo was runing out of puff at 5000 rpm :x should be a lot better SOON :lol:

oh that was with 215 at the fly 180 ATW 240 lb

will be running mine up the strip sometime soon... just waiting on my new chip.... 8)

up the pod last year i did 14.2 and the dam turbo was runing out of puff at 5000 rpm :x should be a lot better SOON :lol:

oh that was with 215 at the fly 180 ATW 240 lb

I remeber talking to you in the fire up lane, I was in the sh1tty matt black mk2 VR6, remeber it?

Most VR6's I've seen run in the 15.4s - 16.0s range. That 14.97 time is v-e-r-y quick for a standard car. Of course the timing at Inters has been known to be "a little out" in some years.

John

I think it was GTI Festival last year. It was the first day I had the car on the road, and it was running like sh1t becasue I didn't have the schrick controller wired in properly and it wasn't opening up.

i have done it a few times

the only recorded times i have at present is high 16's-17's when i went standpod and it had been raining

in all fairness i did do it wheel spinning up most of it with tyre pressure at 32psi lol which i did get told of for having and this is with leathers and my ICE install in the back :D

Im planning going back to do proper dry runs :D

try it in the dry, with slicks, or 18PSI in your road tyres and watch the times come down.

I'm puttingthe tyre softener on my slicks tonight in preparation, I hope it doesn't rain.....