Alty

Wheel bearings ?

I'm 99% sure that my wheel bearings on the rear are on there way and getting noisy so... might as well do the lot, Is there a wheel bearing of choice or is it a pretty standard item ?

Thanks Scott

I'm 99% sure that my wheel bearings on the rear are on there way and getting noisy so... might as well do the lot, Is there a wheel bearing of choice or is it a pretty standard item ?

Thanks Scott

don't buy cheap rubbish they last five mins.... VW fitted either SNR or SKF. don't buy from vw very expensive..... europarts do some good offers.

SKF wheel bearing part number VKBA529, these are for G60 but think they are all the same for the corrado with rear discs.

You can get these off ebay, just find a reputable seller.

SKF wheel bearing part number VKBA529, these are for G60 but think they are all the same for the corrado with rear discs.

You can get these off ebay, just find a reputable seller.

SKF VKBA529 correct also for the rear on a VR.... I used them last year

I just went through all this a couple of weeks ago. Seems all my bearings decided to do one at the same time. A front became really noisy, got that changed and lo and behold the backs were drumming away nicely too.

Got a set from Euro Car parts, bought the SKF ones and fitted new discs and pads while I was there. The whole "hand tight" thing with the hub nut was really disconcerting, but I must stress to check them after a few hundred miles as they need to be nipped up a bit.

Really need to add all this nonsense to my "members car" thread.

Hope you get it sorted

Dougie

Lots of people have thrown away perfectly good rear wheel bearings because their rear tyres have become noisy as they get old and worn.

Best wishes

RB

Good call - particularly since the change in VOC's have made tyres wear in odd ways, especially on Corrado's as the rear tyres just don't seem to wear out!

Lots of people have thrown away perfectly good rear wheel bearings because their rear tyres have become noisy as they get old and worn.

Best wishes

RB

Had the exact same thing on my car several months back. Took it to DG Autotech for new wheel bearings, and after a check it was evident they were fine and that the tyres had worn in a certain way to cause very wheel-bearing like noise. New tyres, and it's much better again.

Hey guys,

How do you check for "correct play" in the wheel bearings? I have to swap wheels again and fancy checking mine while she is jacked up.

Hey guys,

How do you check for "correct play" in the wheel bearings? I have to swap wheels again and fancy checking mine while she is jacked up.

What wheel's are you putting on Ron?

Hey guys,

I presume your talking about rear bearings.

You should be able to move the washer with a screwdriver with minimal pressure.

I posted the quote from the Bentley in a post a while ago in another thread.

\Paddy

Ah ah Mr Clumpster......all in good time my friend....all in good time ;)

That's Pi** Ron come on spill the bean's :lol: You Bugger ;)