g0ldf1ng3r

Classic policy for 16v

I would like to thank Martin & the team at HIC for helping me get a fantastic quote for classic insurance for my old 1.8 16v that i managed to buy back this weekend after about 7 years.

A superb price of £122 for 3000 miles limited comprehensive cover with commuting & all with 0 NCB as it is a new second car policy.

If i hadnt got such a good price i would not have been able to buy the valver back :D

Great deal. Does this include breakdown or recovery?

No as i have an RAC membership. It was just the basic policy but it does allow me to drive other cars 3rd party & includes courtesy car & legal aid.

I was very pleased as i was expecting much higher due to my NCB being in use on the VR

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Sorry, forgot to ask if you have agreed value? I have been quoted £133 by Classicline for my Vr which includes breakdown, home start and agreed value. Seems good to me so far.

I generally hate insurance companies but I do like dealing with Martin at HIC. Well done, good price.

My renewal is due very shortly - might be time to give them a call. Cheers.

I am of similar views mic - they are all too helpful until t comes to giving the customer their money lol

martin was a great help & FYI jim i am planning to move my VR to them next year when ive had some paint work sorted as they can provide agreed value on a main car policy (unlike many others who say they can only do agreed value on a 2nd policy)

VR6 South - no i didnt go for agreed value on this policy, thought it would have only been an additional £15

I would like to thank Martin & the team at HIC for helping me get a fantastic quote for classic insurance for my old 1.8 16v that i managed to buy back this weekend after about 7 years....

I think I'd better give them a call, my valver is off the general multicar policy now and I was thinking about a restricted mileage classic policy possibly.

I think I'd better give them a call, my valver is off the general multicar policy now and I was thinking about a restricted mileage classic policy possibly.

It is worth talking to them. I was amazed at the price considering i had zero NCB due to it being a 2nd policy.

Martin was also able to sort out the fact that i didnt have the CAT1 approved installer certificate - as the history i had kept safe had been lost by a previous owner in between me selling it & buying back :)

I'll have to keep my VR on a 'normal' policy as it's my only car and I don't want to lose my NCB.. hopefully they can come up with something.

Bugger, wish I read this earlier, I just renewed with Adrian Flux for £199, that's fully comp on a VR with mods declared (engine, exhaust, brakes and suspension) and 6000 mile limit but they couldn't protect my NCB at that price.

Rog.

Bugger, wish I read this earlier, I just renewed with Adrian Flux for £199, that's fully comp on a VR with mods declared (engine, exhaust, brakes and suspension) and 6000 mile limit but they couldn't protect my NCB at that price.

Rog.

How long ago did you give flux the OK Rog? IIRC there is normally a 14 cooing off period & though it may cost you an admin fee it might be worth a look

Just had a chat with a very nice bloke at HIC, they actually quote from the same scheme as AF so the prices are very similar however they came back at £163 with a £650 excess (again no protected NCB) then £180 with £400 excess.

My flux quote was 'funnily' £163 with a £650 excess, however I got clucky at that much excess and got a '£500 excess guarantee' (basically I pay the full excess but claim back £500 of it) which bought the price up to £199.

So, about the same, HIC a little cheaper but it will cost me £25 to cancel my AF policy so I'll stay where I am.

Next year HIC will get my trade, just because the bloke I spoke to knew what he was talking about and was very helpful even to the point of saying I should stay where I am due to the admin fee.

Rog.

Good result then Rog :)

Agreed value on a main policy will be my reason to go with them nxt year on the VR

some good prices there,mines due next month i hate looking for insurance.i bet it will go up a lot when i fit the 1.8t

Just insured my VR with HIC. Ryan was most definitely the most helpful person who I have ever spoken too in the world of insurers. Thanks also to Martin for getting me the best rates.

Martin and James sorted me out a good price and policy....I am probably younger than everyone who is posting with quotes under £200 (im 25) and do live in a PE1 postcode area parking on the road. Declared every modification, wheels, roll cage, engine conversion etc... Easiest insurance policy I have ever taken out as well!!! I used to work in insurance too, would be nice if all companies were so easy to deal with :)