Mawrick

95 VR6 fuse/relay box - supposed to sit straight up ? or face down?

Can anyone confirm that the fuse/relay box is supposed to sit straight up - the fuses and relay would face towards back of the car - or is it supposed to sit "face down" fuses/relay facing the floor?.

I'v got a realy hard time getting it to bend into an upright position.

Anyone know ? and if it's supposed to sit up, and tip on getting it in correct position (don't want to force it too much).

Edited by Mawrick

It faces the floor , but it has a slight angle on it so it sits slightly towards you , so if you had it flat facing the floor and dropped the back end 40mm , you should be close to how it sits .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

It faces the floor , but it has a slight angle on it so it sits slightly towards you , so if you had it flat facing the floor and dropped the back end 40mm , you should be close to how it sits .

Rob

No wonder I have a hard time setting it straight up....lol...

Is it locked in place with the same style as B3 passat clips (white ones)?

If anyone happen to have a pic of how it sits, and how it's locked into place feel free to post one :)

thanks again!

Pretty sure it is supposed to sit upright, ie fuses and relays pointing towards the rear of the car. The support brackets it sits in have small round holes that the round pegs on the side of the fuse box locate into. There are then 2 white wedges that hold it there.

Agreed with Sean. Refitting is quite awkward - you need to 'feed' the looms back as you reseat the fuse panel. Make sure that no stray wires get trapped!

It's wires getting caught between the support brackets and in my case, a badly fitted alarm that gets all of the wires wound up and a pain to fit.

Having a dbw pedal doesn't help but that is self inflicted!

Really having a hard time with this stuff - if anyone have a picture of how they lock in to place it would be greatly appreciated...i have the 2 white clips, but really no space to look up underneath on this one...:(

Think I figured out the locking mechanism - I presume the black knob on the box itself is supposed to snapp into a hole in the steel "frame" it sits on, and then the lock clip will lock it in that position ?.

Got it working - thanks for the feedback - and yes it does sit straight up.

There is a plastic knob on the left side (on LHD cars at least) that goes into a hole in the metal bracket it sits in, and the two white clips are then holding it in place - locking into two other holes on the metal bracket.

The white clips clips onto the bottom knobs and goes on the "outside" of the metal bracket.

Just thought I'd write a quick description for later ref :)