DriverVR6

2.0 16v 9a Engine with KR cams

2.0 16v 9a Engine with KR cams

2.0 16V 9A Engine with KR Cams

The engine is still in the car and can be heard running. It starts first time and doesn't burn any oil.

Whilst I have had it all that I have had to do is change the headgasket and give it an annual service (oil, filter, plugs, etc)

I know the previous owner had the head overhauled with many new parts, all genuine VAG.

It runs perfectly and pulls strongly and smoothy.

The bottom end is fine and the bores showed no wear ridges at all

It has passed the emissions at all the previous MOT's the last one being on 17/04/2014, so its still actually MOT'ed.

I did a very quick compression test this afternoon and the readings are;

1 - 210psi

2 - 200psi

3 - 225psi

4 - 205psi

Mileage (genuine) is 203061.

The sale is for the engine ONLY. If all the ancillaries are wanted (complete fuel injection, ignition system and ECU, starter motor, alternator, powersteering pump, etc) then I am open to offers.

Collection from Birmingham.

List Date: 6/11/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2.0 16v 9a Engine with KR cams

--------------------------------------

On Sale For: ?150.00

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

a44afc8a-9d49-4620-93fb-c2218facf7502.JPG

45a01ae7-bbac-4d7e-9694-2d3b7f8cf3f02.JPG

fdb88c4d-0e23-4f96-a016-8d0b29d38a182.JPG

a366e748-55ac-47eb-8463-59d2e48bd85f2.JPG

e17cbdda-7558-407a-aeae-7df56d0619db2.JPG

35685112-383e-4d5c-9299-9acf4ceb782d2.JPG

Mobile friendly version: 2.0 16v 9a Engine with KR cams

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by DriverVR6

Is this Jim's old car?? What happened to it??

I had the manifold / valve cover sandblasted for him - still looks very good considering it was just over 5 years ago!

He had brand new injectors from VW and new gaskets which came to over £200 when we built it back up so that price is a bargain!

I remember nearly destroying a fence getting the old injectors out too :-)

Edited by Supercharged

This car will always be known as "JIM'S OLD 16 VALVER!"

Nothing has happened to it, infact, it keeps passing it's MOT and has 10 months MOT on it!! Problem is I can't really afford to have two Corrado's in use and I want to start to enjoy using my VR6.

Original plan was to convert it into a track day car, but I just don't have the time. So unfortunately I'm breaking it up. Most of the parts I'll be keeping for my VR6 and the rest I'll sell on the forum.

Yes engine is good and I knew Jim (& you) had done a fair bit of work on it. Have a couple of mk2 Golfers interested in the engine so hopefully it will be gone soon. If not I'll just store the engine away for a future project. Definitely will not be going to scrap yard, no way. It's too good for that and I would genuinely like to see the engine go to a good home!

Edited by DriverVR6

I will call you tomorrow to work out how I get it to me and what else I want to rummage around in your stash for.......I know I want the exhaust manifold, what is annoying is I just bought an inlet manifold off of fleaBay!