ChrisL

ChrisL's Classic Green Storm

It's great news you're still in the fold with another Corrado! Did you and Dave do a swap or something? :)

I believe Chris's old car went to another Forum member but I'll let him announce it as he may want to stay in the shadows..

The Storm is with its rightful owner, not an easy decision to sell what is possibly the best in the country but I was won over by the standard of work on the blackberry, your dedication and enthusiasm. I very much look forward to seeing this car go on to concours winner and then superclass winner.

......no pressure Chris!!

for sure there

lovely choice Chris all the best with it :)

First outing tonight to a local classic car meet, took a few pictures of the storm

photo17_zps1e62364d.jpg

photo19_zpsd1c379f5.jpg

photo20_zps3fd044f5.jpg

And one with my mates capri in the background

photo18_zpsec6efe4a.jpg

Chris Gaskell's attention to detail was astonishing. I remember he told me how he had created a test rig for his headlight switch and was cycling it and would then recheck after a certain time period, and a then he would do a few mods to it. Just for a switch! Chris L, i'm sure you're not far off that level of fastidiousness either.

Looks charming Chris.. How does it feel in comparison to your old one?

You going to keep the reg plate or will it end up with something else on?

Looking at the records and paper work, he was a corrado genius! he also photographed everything and kept detailed records of things he'd done.

Looking at the records and paper work, he was a corrado genius! he also photographed everything and kept detailed records of things he'd done.

You will need to step up your game then Chris this is not a "show car" this is a "show winning Concourse Car"

Outing?

Take it it didn't rain near you then? I'd be keeping her indoors if there was any whiff of a dark cloud in the sky :)

Also, 4 pages to this thread and you've cleaned nothing yet! Must be testament to Mr G.

Well hopefully I can get it to be a 'super class winning show car' but thats a while away yet.

No we didnt have any rain last night and it certainly wont be going out in any.

not done anything major with the storm, just given the leather a good clean and condition with some Gliptone, its great stuff and leaves a really nice leather smell inside.

Also, been machine polishing ready for a show next weekend and Tatton park in a few weeks.

photo22_zpsf70f5d1d.jpg

Just seen this thread mate. You finally got a green one then?!

harmonious match if ever I saw one, enjoy

Fantastic car and the best colour Storm...

...hides :D

Its a local classic car meet at the Humber Bridge on Friday night. If the weather is good it often gets 200+ cars attending, not bad for an evening meet.

Good size show to have on the door step.. Result..

Still thinking about Tatton, there are a lot of shows coming up so may not make it…

Are you using the original Gliptone stuff? Cleaner looks like treacle?

Other then local shows it will be Tatton and Harewood for me now.

I think its the G11 & G12 stuff, the cleaner is like treacle but used with a soft nail brush its amazing and really dulls and softens the leather.

Very good stuff.. I used to use that on my old one although i didn't find it worked well on the ones i have now..

Ive got a couple of shows up here next month, Harewood and I'm tempted for E38 but its a long way from here..

I was thinking of E38 with the Blackberry but I dont think a standard Corrado would fit in!!

Reckon you'd get a trophy at E38 for sure (you no doubt will at any show you enter into though).

The last time i was at E38 there was a standard car class, granted there aren't many there but I'm sure it was a Mk2 that won and it was time warp material..

Kind words Chris but its no minter and ultimately its people tastes on the day that get the prizes.. Always nice to get some recognition but its never expected..

hi

i just wonder, what is that thing on bonnet support, on 1st picture in your 1st post on 1st page of this thread :)

can u take closer picture of it, please?

Thanks

hi

i just wonder, what is that thing on bonnet support, on 1st picture in your 1st post on 1st page of this thread :)

can u take closer picture of it, please?

Thanks

It the factory spark plug tool Tomi. Thats where its supposed to live. :cool:

how is it mounted so, need some good explantion :)

i have brand new Spark plug tool, but i never knew it should hold on bonnet support,

btw your car is great Chris , no questions about it