unclean

Wing dented

Somebody managed to do this in the 12hrs it was parked, of course no details left. Classic London.

10493026_10152224744147253_5631258476606638402_o.jpg

It looks like it's not actually too deep into the paint, but I'm not sure how to proceed with getting it corrected, along with the big dent. It's also dark burgundy pearl, so not really much chance of finding a matching wing.

Do you guys think this is the kind of thing Chips Away would be able to sort?

Thanks, Phil.

I don't suppose they left a note!!

I wouldn't waste my money with a smart repair. A good body shop shop be able to knock the dent out and respray the panel.

As above....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes take it to a good body shop. That can be sorted.

I did the same thing myself a few years ago cost around ;£300 ish to fix !

The wings are single skinned so will pull out relatively easily. If there's not too much paint missing you may be able to get away with a few coats of colour-matched wax - there's one Halfords do that comes with a crayon to fill the scratches before you wax it and I know they do it in purple. Worked pretty well on the Lupo my ex kept rubbing against things!

Thanks for the advice guys. Of course no note left, sigh. Can anybody recommend a good dent/body place in the South East?

Fortunately upon a bit further inspection, the paint doesn't seem to damaged, but it looks like the clearcoat might need sorting. Either way I have no idea what I'm doing with paint so I'd like the get the opinion of somewhere trustworthy.

Auto Refinishers in Bedford did a great job on my wings and bumpers after some accident damage - including welding up the side repeater holes and flushing in my USA side markers. Colour match was excellent. 01234 211210 - ask for Piero.

Stone

I would get a dent guy out to pull the dent out first, most bodyshops are good at using filler, not so good at pulling dents out.

How damaged is the paint? Sure it looks really bad . But that does not mean the paint is as bad as it looks. But get the car to someone who just works with dents. They are really good at these kinds of things and does more then often have plenty of solutions for the paint job!

Try filling the dent out with a brown wax pencil then polish it out with a nice and good wax. But since it being such a rare paint you might have some problem finding the right color on the wax pen. Try different types of pens and see what works best. Of course you will notice a small change in the paint. But it will look better then it does now =)