VR6 Gar

How much money is there in breaking a VR6?

Who on here has broken a Corrado and was there much money in it?

With things like roof gutter trims, VR6 grill badges etc going for crazy money I would imagine there is a fair bit to be made.

Who would like to put a figure on it without going to the extremes of selling every last switch etc.

I did it and it wasn't worth the effort, granted it was about 8-9 years ago so prices for parts have probably risen a bit, but still once you'd factored in all the mess, the time, the scraped knuckles, the selling, the wrapping, the posting etc etc, it worked out a waste of time for the money it brought in, I ended up having a garage full of stuff I just couldn't get rid of so had to scrap anyway, and I seem to remember it was the little things like switches etc that were most sought after.

So really only worth it if there are some expensive bits on it then?

Like schrick manifold/cams, Bilstein coilovers, magnex, BMC. ;)

Again I'm quite out of the loop with Rado's so not sure about current values of cars and/or parts but when I was, it was much more worthwhile selling the car as a whole, or taking the pricey bits off and selling them then putting standard bits back on and flogging the car, as said breaking a full car is a lot of hassle!

So really only worth it if there are some expensive bits on it then?

Like schrick manifold/cams, Bilstein coilovers, magnex, BMC. ;)

Yeah, I spotted that one as well

Thinking it will be worth taking off the Schrick manifold and replacing with standard then selling on the car.

It has long MOT so would be a shame to completely break it, especially as it has a load of other nice parts and a load of money spent on it. That is unless someone were to make me a good offer on it ;) Will see once I have it home.

Look's pretty tidy got it for a good price too.Are you planning on using the shrick on your's? Can you? You could make by breaking it but then someone may want to buy it.

Bloody hell he got that at a right bargain.

The guy selling it clearly had no idea what those Schrick parts were worth, or was in a monumental rush to sell.

Edited by VR6 Gar

Can't believe you'd contemplate breaking it! Looks a very good example there! :shrug:

Look's pretty tidy got it for a good price too.Are you planning on using the shrick on your's? Can you? You could make by breaking it but then someone may want to buy it.

Would remove the Schrick to sell as it wouldn't fit mine, replace with standard inlet and see if anyone wanted the car for £1500 ish, which considering the parts it has is still a right bargain.

If not just break the whole car.

Edited by VR6 Gar

Bought and picking up on Saturday Bill.

Nice purchase, he also had it listed on ED38, could be something wrong with it, but even so, there's plenty money in breaking it... seeing as its GREEN :tongue:

Yeah I actually saw it on ED38 first.

Ideally wouldn't want to break it to save the ball ache but we will see.

Be a shame to break that. Looks like a decent car :(

Yep, the car is in much better shape than I was expecting. There are a few issues on the paint here and there but overall it is a very tidy car. Even has an un used first aid kit.

However it feels a bit flat top end so i think the schrick isn't activating as it should. Any guides on what to check? Feels great up to 4k though but starts to tail off when it should be picking up.

I suppose the first thing to do is check the vacuum side is fitted correctly and the controller is present?

Appears to be a control box issue, the light isn't coming on.

Flap is moving freely and all the vacuum parts are there.