Andrew_LWSDesign

Carbon Fibre and GRP Wings... who's in!

Hi,

LWS Design has recently moved premises and has now almost cracked through the backlog of orders, with a much larger unit and a new Partner in the business Dean things have now got to a point when we can start to look forward to new products to keep you all happy :-)

As you know we have the Door Cards, VR6 Bonnets, Full Roof, Tailgate and Spoiler all available in Carbon and Infused GRP and what is missing.... yup the Wings.. We have been asked many times to make these and now feel we can undertake the project if there is enough interest...

The prices will be £950 for the Carbon and £600 for the Infused GRP (Please note this is not heavy Wet-lay but the same Infusion process as our carbon work so still very light.

We would anticipate these weighing at under 2kg and will be straight bolt on replacement panels.

Who would be interested in participating the group buy to get this off the ground, we would need 5 orders as a min to undertake the time it takes to make the moulds etc.

We would expect mould time to be about 6 weeks and first products within a couple of weeks of this....

What are your thoughts :-)

P.S. We have a 10% off sale on all our parts at the moment :-) I can goto 15% for you lovely forum members!

It would be standard wings as our market might be more limited with flared... but you guys tell us... what would you want.. obviously it is easier to get standard wings to mould from too...

Brand new wings came without repeater holes,there's info in the Bently manual how to cut the holes !

Has anybody told JMR about this ? I'm sure he would have a set

Probably be up for a set of standard wings in GRP. No rust is the major appeal for me. In fact a whole front end change would be ideal to shed some weight from the boat anchor so might be worth doing a bonnet + wings deal.

same here, no rust is my biggest attraction.

Is it easier to repair the carbon or fibreglass wings if damage was to occur?

Are the Carbon Fibre wings real Carbon Fibre?

As for GRP wings, not sure if they are such a good idea on a Corrado. Won't you get the front end flexing under load? Or are the wings on a Corrado not structural and load bearing?

As far as I'm aware a Corrado was designed to have pressed steel wings and panels. So it never had Carbon Fibre, GRP, Clay, Wood, Straw, Cotton, Wool, Polyester, Rubber, Latex, etc, wings or panels.

Edited by DriverVR6

The big plus though is they wont rust

Neither will steel ones if you keep the rust protection they come with in good nick.

Think of it another way, if the wings and other exterior visible panels on a Corrado (or any car) are rotten, then what condition will the rest of the unseen metal be in?

In the 80's and 90's a common trick used by cowboys used to be to hide rot behind nice shiny bodykits.....Have a think about it.

Hi, sorry for not replying on here today... Been one of those days...

Prices quoted were for a pair of wings

Our work is all resin infused and not pre-preg

Fibreglass or carbon would both need priming prior or painting so same for both but we can supply primed

Yes it is genuine Carbon, 2x2 Twill 207g Resin infused Carbon

Products are supplied with a gel coat which can be polished to very very high shine or lacquered

Products can also be supplied without gel, it is lighter and more Matte in appearance and cannot be polished

Think that was all the questions.... Could you drop me an email to [email protected] if you happy to place an order and I will update this thread with names and numbers or orders.. Once we have 5 people we can start moulding :-)

Happy to answer any other questions of course just sometime cannot respond immediately.. But always try for same day...

Just about to post a picture of another carbon product we just completed for your cars.... Carbon number plate surround, this is available now... Again genuine carbon, we don't do wraps :-)

Unknown_zps3ee26e45.jpeg

Edited by Andrew_LWSDesign

You do know there is an early and late version of wings too ? Are you going to do both or just late or early?