EJ Taylor

LSD - NO TRIPPIN! Wavetrac or Quaife?

So...

DIFFS?

whats best?

seems to me its Wavetrac or Quaife?

what you guys think?

EJ - you could PM n3p as well ;) IIRC he had an LSD fitted when his turbo was done at stealth (his VR was there at the same time as mine) & he is a nice helpful fella :)

EJ - you could PM n3p as well ;) IIRC he had an LSD fitted when his turbo was done at stealth (his VR was there at the same time as mine) & he is a nice helpful fella :)

cheers man! legend

Quaife is an old design whereas the wavetrac (which i have) is a newer design. Wavetrac works better going off all the reviews and thats what made me choose that over quaife. Have a look at the videos on line of how they work

I have a Wavetrac fitted,(what I bought in a GB)

I did a fair bit of research before I bought it,I think I have the best LSD of the three (peloquin,Quaife,wavetrac)

I bought the fitting kit,and when my gearbox was rebuilt I had it fitted.

Amazing piece of kit,all Corrado's should have them

Definitely the RaveTrack

Quaifes are a bit meh. Easily overwhelmed with boost torque and still an open diff when one wheel has no grip, so just as useless as open diff on snow, gravel and ice.

The Wavy boy differs in that offers grip in zero traction conditions by effectively locking the diff together with friction, just like the old 020 and 02J boxes that had spring loaded CV flanges. Neat stuff huh? :)

AWESOME INFO!!!

thank chaps!

really helpful!!!

so.. i think thats the brand decided. now the location? anyone shipped one over from the states before? a good friend has an account and got a quote at £760 but i could get on shipped over from the states for about £650 inc import tax? No stranger to buying parts from the states.

what do you all think?

If Wavetrac offer an international warranty, do it! Frankly I'm sick to death of UK companies selling US goods at massively inflated prices. F'ck em, buy direct from the U S of A!

If Wavetrac offer an international warranty, do it! Frankly I'm sick to death of UK companies selling US goods at massively inflated prices. F'ck em, buy direct from the U S of A!

me to mate, they take the ****! hence why i got all the charger stuff straight from cali. ill look into the international warranty. thank as always for the help everyone. especially you mr bacon

I have noticed no more noise at all !

I've done about 50k on mine,and all is good :smug:

Awesome, thats a fair road test! Thanks :)

Do they make any noise having a different diff in or is it just as standard

The Corrado diff's don't make any noticeable noise however you do get them that do but these are usually fitted to cars running rather large power also depend's which engine etc it's used on. Straight cut boxed car's

Clumpy that's what I was wondering , I know that straight cut gears whine but wasn't quite sure weather it had something to do with the diff , I quite like that Whitney noise that usually comes from race cars lol

Clumpy that's what I was wondering , I know that straight cut gears whine but wasn't quite sure weather it had something to do with the diff , I quite like that Whitney noise that usually comes from race cars lol

I'm no techie guru mate but there was a 4x4 cossie with aftermarket diff's front and rear at Crail and was very whiny it was also pretty quick running mid 13's.

Mine doesn't but it get's the power down very well indeed (Peloquin)

Nah no noise. The car's original diff crown wheel bolts to the Wavetrac, so it will sound exactly the same as stock.

The first thing you do notice, with a quaife at least, is the steering is heavier. Not massively so, but a pleasant extra weight to it when you go into corners.

Like you said kev the amount of grip and how planted it feel's is pretty impressive

The first thing you do notice, with a quaife at least, is the steering is heavier. Not massively so, but a pleasant extra weight to it when you go into corners.

I wouldn't have guessed that. What causes the heavier feel?

Not sure, probably the helical gears inside the Wavetrac / Quaife. Open diffs don't fight the front wheels wanting to turn at different speeds, but LSDs do, so the car wants to keep going straight. Plate diffs are the worst for that and practically unusable in a FWD car, but even gear diffs like the Quaife and Wavetrac stiffen up the steering a bit.

It does feel really good though. Proper planted as Clumpy said.