Mawrick

4000km+ roadtrip done - ended up in the Passat V6 - never driving italy again :)

Just finnished a roadtrip of a bit more than 4000km, visiting the last Corrado at the automuseum etc, drove over the stelvio pass - but sadly a bit bad weather that day, so never realy saw anything from the top (fog) :)

Probably already posted somewhere - but anyway to keep the Corrado content - the last one:

DSC_5386_zps211d81b0.jpg

Conclusion after driving denmark, germany, austria, italy and switzerland - never gona get my car close to an italian "city area".....talk about crazy sh*** driving........and a collective non respect of speed limits (not talking about 10-20km over limit - and I guess we all do speeding from time to time) - but I literally mean *all* - doing roughly 100km/h in 60km/h sones (road work area).....lol.....and if your stupid enough to leave a meter of space between yourself and the car in front - be sure there will be someone joining in between.....:)

Anyonw else got such experiences in Italy or elsewhere ? (I must admit I'm more found of the German driving style/skills) :)

Had another "funny" experience close to Berlin (Autobahn) - where a older BMW close up on me (propably been in front/beside me without be noticing) (I presume they had noticed me beiing alone in the car, but was driving with a m8 in the car in front) - starting to flash it's lights and a guy in the passanger seat show some sort of card (credit card size...lol).....just regret I didn't get the time to give him the finger - he went off on the first "unmanned rest place" - so presume they where up to some funky **** trying to lure me off the road.......ended up just ignoring the bas*** :)

We went to Northern Italy for our honeymoon. Roads were terrible, signs were useless (unless you wanted to go to the other end of the road, when they were fine as the signs would only say what was at the other end, not en route!) and the locals were a few carbs short of a full pasta dish!

Is the one left in the Museum a Storm?

Have followed the thread on Vortex about the two Magnums and Convertible that have made their way to the US...

Is the one left in the Museum a Storm?

Have followed the thread on Vortex about the two Magnums and Convertible that have made their way to the US...

Yea, it's the last Corrado so it's a Storm (there is actually a second one there - but that is a convertable):

The sign by the last one:

DSC_5388_zpsb53e39ef.jpg

And the convirtable:

DSC_5393_zpsc5fcf1cc.jpg

And while we are at it - it's last trip covered in an old Top Gear episode:

Edited by Mawrick

I think the guy in the States is trying to buy the soft top one.

Maybe someone should approach VW about the Storm..

I think the guy in the States is trying to buy the soft top one.

Maybe someone should approach VW about the Storm..

Personally hope it will stay in VW's garage - it's part of the VW history - and would be a shame if it wasn't present in the museum - would be good if VW would bring back one of the wagons as well :)

The cabrio Corrado isnt for sale... who said that?

IF you guys are thinking about the guy with both Magnums then it was just a joke.

Besides that, me and a friend took our bags to Wolfsburg last week... and damn the VW site was such a dissapointment... then when we sat and waited for the train I found the museum longer down the road...

Why doesnt VW have the museum in their own amusement park?... morons.

The cabrio Corrado isnt for sale... who said that?

IF you guys are thinking about the guy with both Magnums then it was just a joke.

Besides that, me and a friend took our bags to Wolfsburg last week... and damn the VW site was such a dissapointment... then when we sat and waited for the train I found the museum longer down the road...

Why doesnt VW have the museum in their own amusement park?... morons.

Where did you guys stay ? - was staying in the hotel just across the train station myselfe - Inside by melia hotell, and yea also went to Autostadt and wasn't to impressed by it - would be much more interesting if VW would combine the museum within - but then again I think the museum are split out as some kind of non profit orgainisation.....or similar - I guess that's reflected on the €6 entrance fee :)

We stayed at some hotel my friend found in a hurry... about 20min from Autostad.

Autostadt was a big advertisment, some parts of it was cool.. the rest, meh.

And the funny thing is. I found the VW museum about 15min before the train came... FUN! Wolfsburg isnt that close so I can go back and do it again!

This was the most fun I had at Autostadt...

10492199_1443522922591003_1669836060725778040_n.jpg?oh=162d8d2d3a027dd0105fa64136652ebb&oe=54528401

It should be a sign... "Museum, this way! --->"

We stayed at some hotel my friend found in a hurry... about 20min from Autostad.

Autostadt was a big advertisment, some parts of it was cool.. the rest, meh.

And the funny thing is. I found the VW museum about 15min before the train came... FUN! Wolfsburg isnt that close so I can go back and do it again!

This was the most fun I had at Autostadt...

10492199_1443522922591003_1669836060725778040_n.jpg?oh=162d8d2d3a027dd0105fa64136652ebb&oe=54528401

It should be a sign... "Museum, this way! --->"

haha, yea same impression I got - didn't try out what I though was a child playgound (I know see they had bigger cycles (or whatever that is) also lol....:)

I guess the most interesting part at autostadt for me was up the stairs above where your picture is taken where they show a bit about modeling process etc - but meh - the automuseum is more interesting to me - but then again I'm more interested in the classic's so :) - and as you say it's not very easy to find - and it's quite anonymouse once you find it :)

Lol, I loved driving in Italy. Did a big road trip back in 2006 from one end to the other and everything in between, and yeah, Florence and Rome were interesting for driving. It was mainly kids on scooters. You'd be waiting at the lights and out of nowhere, you'd be surrounded by scooters and they lean on your car!

The Autostradas are interesting too with insane tailgating and bullying out of the overtaking lanes, but, it's part of their culture and no one takes it personally. I shudder to think what would happen if people drove like that over here as English people take driving far too seriously and far too personally.

Lovely country, defo going back!

Lol, I loved driving in Italy. Did a big road trip back in 2006 from one end to the other and everything in between, and yeah, Florence and Rome were interesting for driving. It was mainly kids on scooters. You'd be waiting at the lights and out of nowhere, you'd be surrounded by scooters and they lean on your car!

The Autostradas are interesting too with insane tailgating and bullying out of the overtaking lanes, but, it's part of their culture and no one takes it personally. I shudder to think what would happen if people drove like that over here as English people take driving far too seriously and far too personally.

Lovely country, defo going back!

haha, yea I got the sense that is they way they *do* drive :) (This was an area of tunnels with roadwork etc - I guess that's why I found it a bit "weired" :) ). However I do think it would be better with a rental....lol.....and also countryside I think would be nice)

Was only just into an area just outside milan due to driving the stelvio pass :)

Yeah we had a rental Smart for 4. Based on what I saw during 1500 miles of touring, I would never take a car I care about, there :lol:

I used to work in Italy a lot and love driving there! You take it steady and follow the "rules of the road" and everyone's blowing their horns and waving fists at you so you get your foot in and do a few U turns without indicating and suddenly you're treated like a local, it's hilarious!

Been through there on the motorbike the last couple of years too and felt safer than I do on the M25.