fla

pins for lambda sensor

One step forward two steps back - i was removing the pins from the obd1 lambda sensor and one snapped. A real nightmare to get them out due to access, and the only way was to butcher the plastic. Anyway, i need one pin, its a flat male spade, but not sure what its called and hence what to search for. Can anyone advise here?

thanks

Is it a junior terminal? You can buy terminals from a guy on eBay, does all sorts. I bought a jago crimping kit as well for about 25quid from Amazon, was a right bargain!

Thanks Swift.

Kev - because its the square connector which fits obd1 and not the obd2 rounded one. I later thought of making an adapter connector with sealed spades but fortunately the junk i removed from the obd2 loom has come up trumps and i've taken a spade from there. The next problem is how to solder it down by the rear engine mount!!

You need a Junior Power Timer Tab (male)(there are two types, use the type which looks like a box at the wire end)

Seriously? Dude, OBD2 uses a different sensor, hence the different plug. Please don't tell me you are trying to fudge and OBD1 lambda onto OBD2?!?!? Get the proper OBD2 sensor.

Consider yourself scolded :D

Seriously mate, Vince told me ages ago when I did my conversion that OBD2 uses a much better / quicker responding sensor.

Hmm, interesting, thanks for that. I'll stand in the naughty corner now!

I understood that the sensors were the same hence removed the plastic shroud from the old one mainly because i couldnt get any access to the lambda...

I guess it will run okay enough without the lambda to get it on the ramps? As i've just cleaned and oiled the BMC, i will be removing the MAF sensor for about 30 mins to pull through any excess oil.

Hmmm indeed. There are a few peeps in the states that have swapped to OBD2 that still use the old sensor. You can also get universal sensors that will splice into both. I have used the OBD2 sensor on OBD1 management without problems and presumed that they would be the same. But if Vincent says the later sensor is better and knowing how fickle the VR6 can be, I would go with that and join you in the naughty corner.

Yeah the VR6 is very picky with lambdas. Back in the day I tried a cheap bosch replacement (for OBD1) from GSF and it ran like shyte. Bought a genuine one and normal service resumed.

I had the OBD2 sensor with my conversion anyway, but I remember asking Vincent if OBD1 and 2 are the same (coz I'm curious about these things) and he said OBD2 definitely different / better. I believed him!

The lambda doesn't kick in until 70 ish deg water temp, so you can move it around no probs.