Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Expected, but still annoying!!!

Was rather annoyed to find my passenger side door lock with a nice hole and big dent below it today, just after picking up my grille from getting sprayed :mad: Happens so often now that it wasn't at all supprising, but still bloody annoying!

I'm guessing *whoever* was after my Headunit - its a nice looking sony one that doesn't have a detachable front... doesn't work without the remote, but that won't stop anyone from nicking it :( But despite their efforts it seems they didn't get in, and were probably scared off by my alarm (didn't save the door, but at least it rescued my HU)

So now I'm gonna get it delocked with some audi handles.. I noticed you can buy a kit from venom, anyone got this? More money which I don't have :(

Ah well at least my grille looks nice :) lol

Chris

Bummer :(

Feckin pond scum. I would pay money to get the oppurtunity to catch someone in the act, and put a similar hole in the side of their head.

Are armour door plates not available for the C?

Armoured door plates *are* available, and what makes you think the Passat delocked handles are any less susceptible to this attack? This one works for ALL old VW door handles, no matter whether they have keys or not..

Sorry, yeah, of course they do - I meant the Passat handles on their own are no defence..

Armoured door plates *are* available, and what makes you think the Passat delocked handles are any less susceptible to this attack?

*cough* he said he wanted to fit AUDI door handles *cough*

Shilakadaddy hope you can get it sorted soon with the minimum of cost and hassle... I'd like to get hold of some of these gits and publicly teach 'em not to do it again.... (not neccesarily with violence either... something MUCH more creative! ;) :evil: :twisted: )

No one makes any armour plates for a corrado, unless they have started to do so within the last year

to be honest unless I turned the car into a tank I wouldn't be able to stop attacks like this, like DanA said, if they don't do the lock thing they could just break the window! All these things are just deterrents, if they really want to break into my car they will... hopefully without locks it won't look quite so appealing tho :?

the thing thats really bugging me is the fact that I was probably awake at the time it happened (being a student on holiday, I'm now nocturnal) and just didn't notice the alarm going off :x

Possibly for the best I didn't catch em tho, because if I'd done any damage to them, they would have come back with 500 mates and done that 10 fold to my car :!:

Possibly for the best I didn't catch em tho, because if I'd done any damage to them, they would have come back with 500 mates and done that 10 fold to my car

:p honest they probably would have ended up sueing YOU, and winning, or something stupid like that!!

I had a similar thing when i was a student in Bolton, and some scum broke in to my mk3 golf through the window just to root through an empty glove box. I heard the alarm and joked to my mates that it sounded like mine and didnt bother actually checking it out :oops: It was four hours later when i returned to it i realised it was actually mine, plus this was on one of the wettest days in March so it soaked all my interior too!!! This was after I'd fitted armour door plates after some scally scum in Preston broke in through the door lock!!! All this to a crappy bright green 1.4cl golf, dread to think what not so nice attention my corrado's gonna get, Pager alarm is next on the list me thinks!

Mate I've had the same damage done to my car, its annoying i know. The first thing I did was to get a the door pins removed and then look for armour plaes for the car, I've had no luck finding any yet so any help would be appreciated. I was alos cosidering having the whole lock remove and just having a smooth flush door but I don't think its allowed for MOT purposes!!