Jim Bowen

New car wax type product. anyone tried?

I've tried something similar, although far cheaper - Wolf's Chemicals Nano products

I was actually very impressed with the results and got quite a few people asking me what products I used at a show. Although since then I have switched to poorboys standard polish/sealant/wax and prefer the finished result.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/wolf-chemicals-hard-body-nano-sealant/prod_1083.html

At £30 it's worth a punt, but at £109 you're havin' a laugh!

"1K-Nano paint sealant conjoins permanently with the paint structure on account of covalent bondings and forms a fixed network"

What a load of marketing nonsense! Fixed network :lol:

All car care products fall into the "Wipe something on, wipe it off again. Meh" category for me, but this stuff is next level horse shat. They've given us a product that only needs doing once, and for £109? Really? What kind of business model is that?!? :lol:

Horse shat :D

Yeah Hammond demoed that stuff on his TV programme a few years back. Inspiration taken from a tropical rain forest plant that has millions of tiny hairs on it's leaves, so nothing can stick to it.

Yeah Hammond demoed that stuff on his TV programme a few years back. Inspiration taken from a tropical rain forest plant that has millions of tiny hairs on it's leaves, so nothing can stick to it.

is that kind of like the 'bird feather technology' spray substance ive seen?

based on the principle that birds feathers are water proof due to the way they create millions of microscopic ridges with gaps so small between each 1 that a single water particle can not fall between them & thus the water beads & rolls off

i think that is the substance sony use on their experia to make it water proof

Just seen this thread. Koch is a German company, and many pro detailer over there use their range. It's little known over here though. Tbh, anything that advertises a permanent protect, I'd be very sceptical. I simply can't see how it could last the lifetime of the car. The nanotechnology does exist though, and many detailers both pro and amateur use it all over the world. I've used G-techniq C1 in the past, and I also have Carpro cquartz ready to use when I get my car back from paint. It's like the protection coat that most dealerships are offering for new cars now, at a stupidly high price for a product that costs about £20 and takes half an hour to apply. Except the two I've mentioned work! Think of it as a sacrificial lacquer that you apply, which has the same visual and protective characteristics as a high quality wax or sealant, but lasts 10 times longer. It typically lasts 18 months to 2 years depending on conditions, and is therefore advertised as semi permanent. There are lots of others now on the market like n3p has used, and all will have their benefits. If you like your car paint looking it's absolute best, I'd certainly recommend it.

For me it's got to be dodo juice supernatural, it beeds water amazingly and gives an immense shine to the paintwork effortlessly goes on and effortlessy comes off - perfect