Hofmiester

Not a Corrado, just had my S4 B8 tweaked at MRC!

Picked up my new car on Friday, drove it straight MRC on Saturday and had their stage 2 kit fitted (engine is a supercharged 3.0)

Stage 2 is a smaller pulley, new intake pipe work and modded air box, plus a custom RR session that MRC are famous for.

The results are RS4 crushing :)

[ATTACH]79848[/ATTACH]

Christ - that's a difference you'd feel! Most impressive. I bet it goes like a train!

It's terrifying....most powerful car I've owned by 140bhp. Apparently it should do sub 4 sec 0-60s if only I could change gear quickly enough :)

Lol, there's nothing like getting to know your car before modding it :lol:

Check out Chris Harris's video on YouTube (/DRIVE channel) of a Stage 2 S4 vs RS4. Guess which wins :D

It's the surge of torque that is crazy, plus 4wd gets it down.

Madness.....but then it will also bumble along just fine. Like a TDI

Mpg seems quite respectable at 32mpg from Oxford to Sheffield on mixed a roads and motorways, not booting it.

Floor it and it will drop to 9-11mpg :D

I was surprised a supercharged V6 could make so much grunt actually. I'd love to know what charger that engine uses! :D

4WD is where it's at in the wet, definitely!

The charger looks to be massive compared to the V9 or Rotrex jobs. Although the casting is larger, internals may not be huge.

mRC say they have done well over 100 now an the manuals have best results. Mine is doing almost 600nm which is savage on the road. You only really need 2nd and 6th gears for normal driving ;)

vabaqu5y.jpg

That whole middle section is the SC. So about 30cm x 30cm by 20cm

Sweet! Is that a BMW style top mounted oil filter I see there? I wish all cars had that!

It looks to be one great big Supercharger / Chargecooler unit and probably has the bypass throttle built into it too? Awesome.

Yeah I've read about DSG boxes sapping a bit of power but VAG really are on the ball with their drivetrains and engines at the moment. Bonkers power with refinement and smoothness about town.

The charger looks to be massive compared to the V9 or Rotrex jobs. Although the casting is larger, internals may not be huge.

mRC say they have done well over 100 now an the manuals have best results. Mine is doing almost 600nm which is savage on the road. You only really need 2nd and 6th gears for normal driving ;)

vabaqu5y.jpg

That whole middle section is the SC. So about 30cm x 30cm by 20cm

Having a trouser moment! :o

Picked up my new car on Friday, drove it straight MRC on Saturday and had their stage 2 kit fitted (engine is a supercharged 3.0)

Stage 2 is a smaller pulley, new intake pipe work and modded air box, plus a custom RR session that MRC are famous for.

The results are RS4 crushing :)

[ATTACH]79848[/ATTACH]

Careful, V8 RS4 crushing.....;)

MRC are just round the corner from me, and having just brought a B5 S4 myself it's very temping to have it turned up. But if I did, then my old Corrado wouldn't get put back on the road.

Nice power, and I'm sure it's a very nice car. Shame it looks exactly the same as every other A4.

Any styling plans?

No, I don't do styling. Like my cars to look OE.

When I bought my Corrado I immediately took most of the looks back to standard bar lowering and rims.

I think the S4 could be lower but it does have the optional RS4 style 19" rims. I'm almost 40 so don't really want to draw attention :)

ysasehy4.jpg

Edited by Hofmiester

Lol, there's nothing like getting to know your car before modding it :lol:

Check out Chris Harris's video on YouTube (/DRIVE channel) of a Stage 2 S4 vs RS4. Guess which wins :D

Just watched that, but blooodyyyyyy heeeeell! £1200 for a remap! :shocked!:

I see a nice corrado coming up for sale lol

Nice ride though hof if I ever see you in this at a show ill swap a bacon sarnie for a little hoot around lol

Nice Ron you maybe nearly 40 but there is still a bit of youth left in there ;) Can't fault you mate I'd have one in a heartbeat :thumbleft: (and I'm older than you)

Careful, V8 RS4 crushing.....;)

Does £1500 get you another 140hp on the B5, inc mapping? I thought the stock K04s were only good for 450? Swapping those out for bigger snails is waaaaaaay more than £1500.

The B8 is a proper weapon and ripe for a spot of compound charging. Supercharge it to 480hp and then a massive turbo kicks in :lol:

Lol yeah S/RS tuning is not cheap as you know. £1500 on a B5 will yeild same actual numbers, 500bhp and over and your limiting the standard turbo's. As you also know its area under graph that tells the story would be interesting to compare.

In fact I just did a quick check and there very similar. S has slight advantage lower down then RS comes back. Very impressive. I can see why some gearboxes have saht it.

I love the B8's as its the modern day B5 but a proper Q car.

Edited by coullstar