clumpy1

Guy Martin's Volvo

0-60 in 3 seconds, 205 mph top speed............. don't get me wrong thats very impressive, but I'm pretty sure its not quite the fastest car in the UK. I like his shows, but I tend to get a bit fed up with his Yorkshire drawl after a while. I think he plays on it assuming its funny or something. :shrug:

I know what your saying mate. I don't think thats an Amazon anymore either. Ok the body kind of is, but there's absolutely nothing else there that's original. Its like a Ferrari kit with MR2 underpinnings. Not my taste tbh. Again, don't get me wrong that is an incredibly well built machine by the looks of it, I just don't like the essence of it.

Impressive. I thought he was from Lincolnshire though?

Meh, Potayto potaato. :lol:

I'm genuinely not against people from the area, I have lots of friends from Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Lancashire etc........ as I said, I think he just plays on it and exaggerates it is all. :thumbleft:

I thought the Spitfire episode he did earlier this week was excellent too!

Edited by seanl82

If I had the money I wouldn't buy it there is plenty of nicer car's out there like you said the fastest in Britain is a very bold statement can't see it being true at all.

Fastest car in GB according to the accurate newspaper that is the Daily Mail. Pinch of salt and all that.

Cool car though and I'd have one!

Faster car in the UK? I guess all the folks who own Bugatti Veyron's over here will be crying into their glasses of champagne. Not.

:)

The 458 is a quick car, but it's pretty far from a hyper car. And there's plenty of those that'd mop the floor with that Volvo.

Nevermind hyper car's Jim what about 500-600bhp Cosworth's they would destroy it plenty of Jap scene car's well capable too. Volvo not a performance brand and never will be.

It does have a JZE lump in it though like a huge chunk of modified Jap stuff.

Didn't know what the engine was Sean to be honest was wondering though 2.8 turbo. They are quoting it at 788 there are plenty of other Jap car's (GTR's) with plenty more than that and all the computer jiggery pokery to get all the power down TaTa Volvo ..

It's not about beating GTR's though clumpy, it's about the experience of driving around in an old car with a lot of power in it. Similar to what you do with your Corrado really, only he has spent a LOT more money on a LOT older car with a LOT more power from the engine.

I know it's a Volvo, but that's the appeal of the car to him, lots of people would ask why we as a forum community spend the time and money we do when on paper it's an old, unloved (by VW group as a whole) and FWD car.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Nevermind hyper car's Jim what about 500-600bhp Cosworth's they would destroy it plenty of Jap scene car's well capable too. Volvo not a performance brand and never will be.

Not so sure about that mate - it is apparently pushing 700BHP! I don't think the fact that it's a Volvo has any bearing on things... that's just the shell to house a serious engine and drivetrain.

Not so sure about that mate - it is apparently pushing 700BHP! I don't think the fact that it's a Volvo has any bearing on things... that's just the shell to house a serious engine and drivetrain.

Ditto Jim I do understand that but then there are alot of Cosworth's about that are basically race car's absolutely though you don't beat a 458 easily.

It's not about beating GTR's though clumpy, it's about the experience of driving around in an old car with a lot of power in it. Similar to what you do with your Corrado really, only he has spent a LOT more money on a LOT older car with a LOT more power from the engine.

I know it's a Volvo, but that's the appeal of the car to him, lots of people would ask why we as a forum community spend the time and money we do when on paper it's an old, unloved (by VW group as a whole) and FWD car.

He bought it done mate. And totally agree.

Your quote matey ^^^^^^^ I was merely pointing out he hadn't and had bought it done. Like me yes is this about who can do a conversion themselves? I'm a miserable git HELLLOOOOOO Mcfly!!!!! Honestly .

"Implying" but then I never did either(quote me if you like) which you seem to think I did :scratch:

I said he bought a car that was older, faster and more expensive. I never implied a thing.

You bought up the topic of him buying it pre-built, to which I agreed and noted that you had also done the same. If you feel a bit objectionable about this, then I can't help that...