Sign in to follow this  
kuksool

would you buy a.....

Standard corrado storm on a 96 plate in green with beige leather full VW Service and 76k on the clock for 7000 pounds!

i know the top gear has sky rocketed prices which annoys me but hey at least it recognises them as great cars and people who own a storm already are rubbing there hands together with this knowledge but would you buy one for 7k.

Scott

really you would say this was quite cheap!!!! hmmmmmmmm its only 20 miles from me maybe ill go and have a look

anything i should look out for at this sort of price.... ie how to i tell its a real storm and not a replica!

scott

have a look here and that should help you identify it http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3126 ,as for price.......£7k IMHO isn't exactly bargain of the century.............although at the same time it isnt asking too much over the odds........but i wouldn't get too hooked up on the fact it is a storm......there are plenty better specc'd VR's out there that don't have the storm premium attached.....if you MUST have a storm then go for it.......but much as i love mine there are far better bargains out there :wink:

Yeah, as had been said, not steal of the century, but still a good buy that doesn't come along all that often.

Have a look through the buyers guide that Roddy posted and take it from there - I think there is a reference somewhere to what a Storm has over a normal VR. I forget though :oops:

Don't just jump on the first car you see though - You could get a lot better normal VR for £7k, as Roddy (again) says!

You need to see it. If its in great condition then I'd say that was a good price. You may even be able to get it down to £6750, or thereabouts, you never know. But as vr6storm said, be wary of the premium Storm owners like to slap on, sometimes it isn't worth it.

not to worried about the storm badge but there aint may low miler VR's about or even in my area and this was just one that appeared on the trader!

If I was after a low mileage storm specifically, I'd pay £7K if nothing better could be found for less.

When I bought my normal VR 18 months ago, Storms were still fetching 10K+, so they've come down a *lot* recently.

:lol: You would be better off spending your money on my car mate :D :wink: saving you 2k for engine mods & leather 8)

dan where have you been all day i sent ya some mail but aint heard nothing back????

im only just asking would you spend that much on a vr storm????

7k is steep especially when most vr's are about the 5k marker right now!!

dan where have you been all day i sent ya some mail but aint heard nothing back????

im only just asking would you spend that much on a vr storm????

7k is steep especially when most vr's are about the 5k marker right now!!

Maybe so but its a STORM therefore you are paying for it being one of only 500 limited editions in the world.... so a rare corrado - thats why they fetch alot more.

If you dont want to pay alot for a Corrado VR6 then dont buy a STORM... simple :)

Oh, and don't forget the extra insurance group that some insurers push the storm into. 19 vs 18 for the "normal" VR6.

Just because the cars are advertised at a price doesn't mean they are selling. If it was mint original with truly great paint I'd bid £7k. Otherwise 6-6.5 tops. I doesn't hurt to lowball initially.