Chaz!

First Corrado and loving it, Aqua blue 92 VR

Apologies for the big first post but I'm copying a couple from my thread on another forum,

So I was getting bored driving a 9n polo around and I knew an old bloke round the corner had had this corrado for a long time, and I'd always thought while walking past that he might want to sell it, so I took a chance and finally asked and he showed me around it needed a few things doing, heater matrix and a couple of bits for the MOT, and the bodywork is okay but not perfect, however he wanted less than £500 so I basically snapped his hand off. Its a 92 VR6 and theres a load of history and receipts with it, and its clear the guy has spent loads on it over the years.

Anyway I said when I bought it I'd just drive it around for a few months while I cracked on with the golf and see how I felt about wether to keep it or sell it. After saying that I found out it needed a spring for the MOT so I picked up a set of AP's for £100 and gave them a good strip, clean and grease

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79964[/ATTACH]

So with that and a few other bits done the car passed its MOT

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79965[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79966[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79967[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79968[/ATTACH]

I also had these 17" BBS that I got off ebay for a great price, they fit but I'd prefer 16's I think, anyway I had them on for a couple of days while I got a tyre for the speedlines

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79969[/ATTACH]

Next stuck my OMP wheel in it since it was just lying around in my room and the factory one was starting to come apart at the top

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79970[/ATTACH]

Got lots of inspiration for this at E38, if I sell the VZ's for enough i'd love some 16" compomotive TH's for this

Few little updates, car has had a cracked headlight and fogs since I got it, and the last guy had made a rubbish stealth shelf out of a massive bit of wood so I wanted a nice standard parcel shelf.

After being offered insane prices by a few breakers a friend told me she'd seen a 'rado in a local scrappy, I wasn't sure since they're getting rare but I went to have a look.

Long story short she was bang on and I got a headlight, a pair of indicators, and a mint black parcel shelf for £30

New lights in

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79971[/ATTACH]

Parcel shelf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79972[/ATTACH]

And while I was there I spotted these in the back of the rado

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79973[/ATTACH]

it was lashing down at the time but I went back the next day and got the pair for £15 stripped off the leather and these were underneath

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79974[/ATTACH]

Pretty sure they're audioscape so I'm chuffed :)

Next I bought this cool US switch to go in the dash as someone had drilled a massive hole in the blank that originally went there

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79975[/ATTACH]

And I got a mate who works at VW ordered me some TT wiper arms with a nice bit of discount and I got them swapped over today, these are SO much better than the standard efforts, definitely a must do mod for Corrados!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79976[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79977[/ATTACH]

Thats it so far, next on the list is brakes and giving the inlet manifold a bit of paint to tidy it up, let me know what you think

Edited by Chaz!

Thanks everybody!

A couple of weeks ago the three bolts on the triangle plate before the cat sheared and the whole exhaust basically dropped off, that was a noisy drive home!

I'd noticed early on that the entire exhaust was original and by extension in terrible shape, all boxes peeling and full of holes. So I figured I may as well replace the entire thing and managed to get a power flow stainless and de cat and a six branch for less that a pattern system would have cost me. I'm currently in the process of getting them on but waiting on slow delivery of new exhaust studs.

Future news is I bought clumpys compomotive as they're one of my favourite wheels on a Corrado and I also picked up the 312mm TT set up to go under them

Looking forward to seeing them on your car mate they are awesome wheel's and with the 45 series tyre's keep it quite comfy they are super sticky in dry the Pirelli's just don't get too carried away in the wet. Good dealing with you bud :thumbleft:

Will do mate, not had a chance yet but will hopefully get them on and wind it down a little this weekend. Did you get my pm about the centre cap?