Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

Nice surprise

There seems to be three different speeds that activate rear spoilers... is it 45mph on early types and 56 on the later ones? HiAsAKite (on here) has a german import VR and his spoiler goes up at 80!!! I guess it's probably fairly ineffective at less than that and orriginaly designed for the Auto-bahn hence the higher speed?

I remember seeing on a TV show that the spoiler can raise at 30mph as well. Ive also read you can change the speed that the spoilers activated but not sure about any of it!

its a proper box of tricks :D

any other funky stuff I should know about? Dont have a handbook

I'd read somewhere that the volume on the standard stereo unit was related to the speed you travel ie faster you go, louder it gets? Doesn't seem to work on mine though :?: :?

I'd read somewhere that the volume on the standard stereo unit was related to the speed you travel ie faster you go, louder it gets? Doesn't seem to work on mine though :?: :?

I've still got the original factory tape head unit in mine, so I'll have to give it a go. It might only work on the higher end factory ones though?

My findings will be reported back :)

There seems to be three different speeds that activate rear spoilers... is it 45mph on early types and 56 on the later ones? HiAsAKite (on here) has a german import VR and his spoiler goes up at 80!!! I guess it's probably fairly ineffective at less than that and orriginaly designed for the Auto-bahn hence the higher speed?

I wouldn't mind getting the spoiler control module off a later car actually, as 46MPH, the spoiler is up and down all the time as the road I take most times to get to friends houses & work is the A45, and thats a variable 40MPH or 60MPH stretch with lots of traffic lights... up, down, up, down..

Random thing, but not a lot of people on the CCGB eGroup knew until Andi posted a picture of his car in the appropriate position, but the wingmirrors on the Corrado also fold in (obviously by hand) for when you are parked on a narrow street.. nearly everyone knows this I am sure, but I didn't for the first 8 months of owning my last Corrado :oops:

Ah didn't know about the wing mirrors folding :)

It sounds like you've got sommant fishy going on with your spoiler... mine goes up at 50ish but it doesn't go down again til I get below about 14mph?

Edit: Mine's a 93 if that makes any difference?

Mine has the early speed of 46MPH which is as its supposed to be.. so there definately isn't anything wrong with it, I just think I prefer the later activation speed of 56MPH like my old Rado had :)

Oh I getcha now... traffic lights as well.

I thought you were saying it was going up and down every time you blipped either above or below 46mph. I was gonna say jim shoulda spotted something wrong with that...but not it's just me being an eejit :D

... mine goes up at 50ish but it doesn't go down again til I get below about 14mph?

Mine doesn't go down untill I'm doing less than 7 or 8mph (rough guess but I really have to be crawling) - does this mean that there are different lowering speeds too?

I found out about the wing mirrors folding in last week, when I had some crazy fella on a motor bike come round a blind bend on the wrong side of the road, and amzingly somehow (the lucky bugger) we both managed to swerve and he missed my bonnet by an inch but clattered my wing mirror. Amazingly he managed to stay on! I thought my wing mirror was gonna be wrecked. But when i stopped it was just folded in with two small scratches in the plastic, it just folded back out and i checked that the electric mirror still worked. The guy on the bike stopped and turned round and gave me £20 for the damage, which isnt bad considering Ive been thinking about respraying them since I got the car (looks like they've taken a few knocks in the past). Cant believe how solid the corrado is. :)

... mine goes up at 50ish but it doesn't go down again til I get below about 14mph?

Mine doesn't go down untill I'm doing less than 7 or 8mph (rough guess but I really have to be crawling) - does this mean that there are different lowering speeds too?

Could be, I've only had mine a couple of days, so I'm guessing at the speeds. I seem to remember someone on here saying it was 14mph tho.

The spoiler is only really needed at speeds over 70mph imo. I guess VW set the lowering speed so low to reduce wear and tear on the components. I'm going to try and configure mine to raise at 65mph and lower at 40mph.