Sign in to follow this  
emax

Tyres slashed :-( recommendations?

Hi there,

Not going to get involved in a huge rant here but just went out to my car to find that some delightful chap(s) have cut my tyres.

They did both passenger side tyres which is a pain as I'll have to replace all four (to keep the tread equal on both sides...).

There was lots of tread left, especially on the rears but I guess that's life. This happened only yards from the spot where I had my Ford Sierra stolen about 3.5 years ago!!

Here are some pics:

car_front_side.jpg

front_closeup.jpg

rear_closeup.jpg

The question now is what tyres to replace them with? I've had Bridgestone S-02's in the past (excellent), SO-3's (not so impressed) and currently have Toyo Proxies on the front and Goodyear Eagle F1's on the back.

Any specific recommendations? I was going to go for either the Toyo's all round or F1's. Can you get the GSD3's in the speedline size?? I went to mytyres.co.uk and they only have the GSD2's. What's the difference?

Any good mobile fitting companies anyone can recommend as I can't exactly take the car anywhere with "two" flat tyres!

Have a good weekend everyone,

Euan.

Why would you park your Corrado near the same spot that you had an old car stolen? :?

Toyo's are ugly IMAHO... F1's have good rep. GSD'3's not available for Speedlines..... AVS Sports are good.

Cheers

Scott.

Bridgestone Potenza RE720 mate :lol:

Sorry to hear about the vandalism, the feckers.

GSD3s aren't available on 205x50x15. The difference is better tread compound and pattern and *much* stiffer sidewalls.

I'd go for the RE720s. They're a broad shouldered chunky tyre with excellent wet and dry performance. Dual compound too, so the more they wear, the better they grip. Rim protectors too.

I've used them for years and haven't found anything better, yet, on the standard size.

K

sorry to hear about your tyres mate, there are some idiots about :roll:

Thanks guys,

The reason I still park in that street is because there isn't really anywhere else to park here. Also, crime generally is very low here (I don't think that any cars have been stolen since then here) so you could say that I'm unlucky!!!

Anyone know of any mobile tyre-fitting companies that are any good?

I had the police man around, he was really good but, admittedly, there isn't a heck of a lot they can do without catching the guy.

I'm also wondering if it is a good/bad idea to re-use my driver's side tyres on the same axle (either front or back). I have a Toyo Proxy and a Goodyear Eagle F1, both with good tread left. Any thoughts??

Thanks for the responses so far.

Euan.

thats really BAD luck euan mate......F***in scumbags :mad: .....hope they catch the the lowlife :x but as you must realise yourself there be little hope.............anyway hope it works out not too expensive for you mate

Thanks Roddy. Even if they do catch them, most likely they'll just be kids anyway so not likely to have any money to pay for new tyres. When my Sierra was nicked, they caught the guys but I never got anything back for that (car was written off).

I have shortlisted to the following:

Bridgestone RE720:

Black Circle: £84.31 (fitted)

Mytyres.co.uk: £56.90

Goodyear Eagle F1 (GSD2):

mytyres.co.uk: £69.40

Toyo Proxies T1-S:

mytyres.co.uk: £44.40

Yoko AVS Sport:

topgear.co.uk: £66.65

Continential PremiumContact

mytyres: £62.40

Mitchelin Pilot Sport:

mytyres: £92.20

I'm not on a budget, I just want the best wet/dry tyres available.

Any thoughts, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Euan.

Also consider Fulda Extremos, very similar in grip levels to the Toyos though there not quite as soft so dont squirm about as much when pushed.

A.T.S were/are doing 25% of michelins plus what ever else you can haggle from them.

I got 4 195/50/15's michelin pilots for £190 quid odd :squarewink:

chubbz

sorry to hear about the tyres feckin twats :snipersmile: :2gunfire:

Why would you park your Corrado near the same spot that you had an old car stolen? :?

Toyo's are ugly IMAHO... F1's have good rep. GSD'3's not available for Speedlines..... AVS Sports are good.

Cheers

Scott.

how can you say toyos are ugly? :lol: