cbgti

New member in SW Scotland

Hi I've just bought my first Corrado a 92' 2.0 16v from my best friend, he had the car for about 7 years and 3 years ago stripped the engine out to fix a worn auxiliary shaft bush and then couldn't be bothered putting it back together so now she is mine. Although this is my first Corrado I've been into golfs for about 9 years and currently has a mk2 golf gti which is my pride and joy and I've had for about 5 years, so just thought I'd say hi and it probably won't be long till I'm asking technical questions and looking for some parts.

cheers Colin

Hi Colin.

Nice to see another sw Scotland lad on here, in Ayr myself. Plenty of others on the forum in and around or area.

We'll see that your building the car back up you need to get some pics and a build thread going. To keep us all informed.

Cheers

Kev.

I'll pop round and see you soon Colin your plan's sound very interesting to say the least. There is a few around the Kilmarnock/Irvine area just now I see a red one quite alot in Kilmaurs with BBS's usually when I'm going up to my sister's. Rick will be wanting to buy it back when you have finished once that Corrado bug bite's. He will be back :thumbleft:

Yeah he's already regretting letting it go but at least he knows it will get done right and he will always be able to get a drive of it, he's even said that if I ever sell it he's to get first shout, it's round at my mate Sandys so I've got the use of his garage/experience and tools and the paint shop so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in

Hey! So glad to hear of some more Scottish activity on the Corrado front. Get some pics up and keep us informed. I'm riding my '91 16v up in Gourock. If you're ever passing through give us a pamp!

Hey! So glad to hear of some more Scottish activity on the Corrado front. Get some pics up and keep us informed. I'm riding my '91 16v up in Gourock. If you're ever passing through give us a pamp!

Nice one I'm rocking about in my mk2 golf as my rado is currently in bits due to my lazy pal taking it apart and never putting it back together....but hey got the car for pennies so hopefully have it back on the road early next year unless I decide to do something crazy with it I'm all 16v g60, 20v turbo or bike carbs floating around my head just now here's some pics

altAsNm79Ti-S-4VofGZc-AIWHN6WrAHop-mfJUVM-lcyHX_zps00ed3701.jpg

altAh1U1H8IsBUWFEY4MximbqzJFsVw3rEmN5vSRPNcmAzK_zps55143c6e.jpg

Up on the ramp at another pals garage where she's resting now waiting on a few parts to come before I get started

WP_20141122_004_zps680a7a01.jpg

And here's one of my golf just so anyone local knows I'm a Corrado owner too

altAm2W0PCT9wMW9MknkOwkL7vJ8YKi_Puq9ZAebkDQplH6_zpsc0ec586a.jpg