Rocket Ron

Corrado prices

If it's the G60 I think it is, it's being advertised by a trader who bought it for about half that price - I don't think he has any real chance of getting his asking price to be honest!

As an ebay troller of all things Corrado, I genuinely think they are on the rise. 2-3 years ago the dregs that had been run into the ground were going for £500-900 in 16v form, and even VR6s could be had for much less than a grand. There are a few of these still about now, but heres the difference, they are much fewer in numbers. It was easy to pick up a decent one for around £1500 at the time too, but I think you'd have to add another 50% on top of that for a reasonable one now. This time of year will always reduce car prices, but even so there are some very nice examples around lately. The ones with engine conversions are seemingly very hard to sell, whereas the absolute original ones are being advertised way overpriced. This increases the expectations in cost to the general public, so those ones with light modifications which the vast majority are, are seeing the benefit. The examples I'm giving above are for cars with a buy it now price, or a classified listing. Those going through auction are hard to judge as it depends on who/how many are at the bidding table. Good cars can still be had at a steel, but its worth viewing before bidding as many people are lazy and won't bother, which means prices will remain low as they are reluctant to pay what its actually worth without seeing.

Totally agree with you mine is orig. I have also noticed as a regular scanner ebay etc of all thing corrado more and more are being broken for spares.

As an ebay troller of all things Corrado, I genuinely think they are on the rise. 2-3 years ago the dregs that had been run into the ground were going for £500-900 in 16v form, and even VR6s could be had for much less than a grand. There are a few of these still about now, but heres the difference, they are much fewer in numbers. It was easy to pick up a decent one for around £1500 at the time too, but I think you'd have to add another 50% on top of that for a reasonable one now. This time of year will always reduce car prices, but even so there are some very nice examples around lately. The ones with engine conversions are seemingly very hard to sell, whereas the absolute original ones are being advertised way overpriced. This increases the expectations in cost to the general public, so those ones with light modifications which the vast majority are, are seeing the benefit. The examples I'm giving above are for cars with a buy it now price, or a classified listing. Those going through auction are hard to judge as it depends on who/how many are at the bidding table. Good cars can still be had at a steel, but its worth viewing before bidding as many people are lazy and won't bother, which means prices will remain low as they are reluctant to pay what its actually worth without seeing.

well sumised sean & good news for us :) [not that i plan on selling my 2 or the gf hers lol]

I think its a trend with a few cars, I've always kept an eye on e46 m3s and a few years ago a rough one could be had for very reasonable money, there now doesn't seem to be as many rough ones about and the prices have increased for decent ones. I see the odd vr6 bargain go on eBay as I'm always looking for a nice one.

I was always keep an eye on ebay auctions and recently seen a G60 for spares or repair fetch £1400. Wether it was genuine bidders i'm not sure.