swiftkid

Slimline fans

I have got some of the slimline fan brackets from the recent group buy so I'm now after the fans to go with them, just wondering where is everyone getting their fans from?

I'll need a 9" and 11"

I also need the same sizes and need to order before car goes back on road. Think I have a few months of work before I get to putting the rad in though. So been in no hurry. There was a place recommended on here that I looked up and seemed good price.

Was that for revotec fans? I'm not sure what effect curved blades has on the cooling/efficiency. Anyone recommend?

The curved blades are quieter then straight. The sickle shape blade’s swept design and thin trailing edge reduce pure tones in the sound spectrum and decrease vortex shedding to generate low wake turbulence for a quieter impeller.

Yeah Revotec fans. They are curved and Chris is spot on, they are very quiet. The way mine a wired up means that they come on at full speed regardless of what temperature switch is activated and you can only just hear them in the car. Turn the music up slightly and they are inaudible. I'm chuffed to bits with them and they are considerably lighter and draw a lot less current when compared to stock. I think the stock fans draw up to 40 amps where as these top out at 9 amps and kick out a considerable amount more airflow too. I believe stock fans on full are 1200 lpm between both fans where as these do 1800lpm on their own.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Well looks like Burton power are about cheapest for revotec but website doesn't list curved blades, did you have to call up to get them Sean or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything mate. It appears my description was a bit off! I bought Comex/Revotec fans which are NOT curved. The curved fans are by Kenlowe and cost a lot more.

My statement above remains though even if I got my brands mixed up. This is the one I bought and I'm very happy with it. Currently only run the 11" fan which is more than capable on a hot day in traffic. I'll add the 9" fan when I add aircon.

http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-category/cooling-system/electric-fans/comex-cooling-fan-280mm-11-suck-high-power-type-0153.html