delfinis38

Talk to me about Wrist watches

Is this now a watch thread? :)

Bad pic, but here's my Avenger II Seawolf

WP_20140604_003_zps58b94384.jpg

That's a lovely watch , It would be nice to have one , but I would hardly ever wear it with my job . It would proberbly get used as much as my car .

Ah watches, another vice for me. Daily for me is just a couple of Seiko military style watches. Ive got an Omega Moonwatch Prof which is about 10 years old, love it as its fairly subtle yet you can see the quality. Its gets a lot of use, in fact to much. Ive seen myself wearing it whilst working on the car a few times...

http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/speedmaster/moonwatch/presentation/speedmaster-professional

Missus got me a fake last year but its a really good fake of a Bell & Ross - http://www.perfectwatches.cn/br01-92-black-dial-br20.html I honestly thought she'd bought a real one as I couldn't tell. Still going strong, its big mind you..

I had a Speedmaster Pro (Cal. 861) for a couple of years, and foolishly sold it earlier this year to put towards my engine rebuild. Majorly regret that. Have to buy another one in the near future as it was my real 'grail' watch and whilst I owned that, there were not really any other watches I wanted to own. Like you say coullstar it's just one of those watches you can wear every day and it's right at home - utilitarian, dressy, night out.. and always a talking point.

We aren't talking about watches here gents, these are time pieces…

In an ideal world, win the lottery i could have serious collect of nice watches.. My work watch is the traditional 'Casio Submariner' (G shock) but at all other times i wear an Omega Seamaster, bought it a few years ago and i have never regretted the cost of it.. To buy the equivalent model now would cost considerably more..

Omegas are lovely watches.

Edited by C5 OEM

Is this now a watch thread? :)

Bad pic, but here's my Avenger II Seawolf

WP_20140604_003_zps58b94384.jpg

Now that is niiice!

yay! Watch thread!

Daily and show.. :lol:

10850179_10152526614426769_7532737364104693089_n.jpg?oh=8dbc8789ea8cf162d78d374213d67ff5&oe=550E101E

My stepdad is arguably the best watch repairer in the country, (watchworks)

so watches have become a bit of a vice for me too.

Back to OP, my recommendations would be an Omega or Vintage Heuer [pre TAG], whatever you can find in budget[depending how far you're willing to stretch the budget :lol:]

Thanks all. You guys have some really nice watches... Looks like my budget is going to be stretched to good used corrado prices.... Will report back... But I guess it's not the time to buy at the moment... Too many xmas shoppers at the weekend.

N3p's watch is rather sexy. :)

Edited by delfinis38

Did you see the comment I put up about interest free credit ? . My mrs brother is into his watches and says the deals are great ATM .

Did you see the comment I put up about interest free credit ? . My mrs brother is into his watches and says the deals are great ATM .

Spotted that rob thanks.

http://www.watchpro.com/pictures/gallery/Citizen/Citizen%20Royal%20Marines%20watches.jpg

This is the watch I have, I don't think the stock picture does it justice. I can't load my own pic for some reason.

I've got both the Titanium strap and Kevlar strap. Gives good flexibility to dress it up or down. Great spec of materials and really tough for being on a building site. Loving Citizen watches.

A wishlist watch would be an Omega or Breitling above that.

Panerai... Hell yeah!

My Dad has a Panerai and its an awesome watch.

I have an Omega Seamaster but it needs a new strap so probably going to trade in for a new one.

Are/were you a boot neck Matt?

No Sean, do have massive respect for our forces.

I was drawn to the build quality, materials, understated styling. Great watch.

This is my only really decent watch now. Bought it as a tatty non-runner a couple of years back, and sent it to my watchmaker for a full service and restore. I know a lot of folks like to keep 'patina' on old watches, but I'm not really into that, so was really pleased with the work that was done. It's a 1952 Omega Seamaster Automatic - the movement is interesting as it's not a normal automatic with a rotor in the back, but what's known as a 'bumper' where the rotor can't complete a full circuit in the back of the case and instead only rotates through about 270 degrees before bumping off a stop - which you can feel through the case, on your wrist :)

oldseamaster.PNG

It's certainly of the era, in that it's very small - and what is normally a curse of having thin, dainty wrists is more of a bonus as I can carry it off. It would look lost on someone with Arnold Schwarzenegger style wrists! :)

Now that I would like to see!

8ddd065b-831a-4601-9ef8-7de7b6f38178.jpg

not the best pic ,but you there you go . The interesting thing is , i rang longine in Switzerland and they told me who bought the watch from new and what his name was . He was Russian . After that who knows what happened to it ?. I bought it ,in a market in New York .

Fascinating. Lovely classic design :) Can't be many of those around any more.

Not sure how many are left . People have them for sale on ebay . It's made from silver , they also came in gold and steel . Sadly it had a hairline crack in the enamel which is a shame but common of a watch of this age .

Thanks guys, I am quite fond of my Breitling. Bristolbaron - awesome!

I am currently pining for this Submariner. It most likely isn't to everyone's taste, but I like it. Bit steep though and I just can't justify spending that much on a timepiece at the moment:

other_201139039815.jpg

Wouldn't it go well with my rado? :camp:

My next realistic buy will probably be a Longines Retrograde though:

yb7SEwFs.jpg

Always fancied a fairly basic Rolex Sub - but as you say n3p, they're crazy money for what they are :(