Chuggs1

Underseal and Rust proofing

Just rang up the local parts dept.. the old part number is obsolete ("That doesn't look like a VW part number") (sigh) but the replacement part number is available, and is an eye watering £54! Would be tempted to see if it was available from TPS though as it might come down to a slightly more reasonable price.

how about our friendly VW guy on here jim, Thursdave?

he gives us max discount on stealer products

also, what is the stated coverage of the tub?

Just got back from the dealer and I had the exact same thing Jim!

Think I'll try an alternative at that price. Thursdave is excellent and discount is very good if you can collect, but not much more than the 10% discount I get locally if I factor in delivery costs unfortunately. I can get the 3M stuff for around £15 which I may now look further into. Thanks Jim! :thumbleft:

It's an excruciating price but I think I'd pay it as I know it's good and durable.. could spend £20 on other products which may not be up to the job and by then you're nearly already half way there.

Just could do with some ramps to work on the car - don't fancy rolling around on a cold concrete floor, in the dark tackling this particular job. Hmm.

D 314D36M2 (Permanent underbody protection, 1L, grey)

D 314D37M2 (Permanent underbody protection, 1L, black)

D 314D38M2 (Permanent underbody protection, 1L, white)

All have a retail price of £46.40 inc VAT. Sadly over a kilo each they'd be reasonably pricey to post, probably around £5 per bottle, which makes the 'forum price' of £33.84 hardly worth it, once you factor in the wait for me to get to the post office, also.

I do try my best but sadly on some things there's not much I can do, and then the heavier items like this the postage really negates any savings. :(

D 314D36M2 (Permanent underbody protection, 1L, grey)

D 314D37M2 (Permanent underbody protection, 1L, black)

D 314D38M2 (Permanent underbody protection, 1L, white)

All have a retail price of £46.40 inc VAT. Sadly over a kilo each they'd be reasonably pricey to post, probably around £5 per bottle, which makes the 'forum price' of £33.84 hardly worth it, once you factor in the wait for me to get to the post office, also.

I do try my best but sadly on some things there's not much I can do, and then the heavier items like this the postage really negates any savings. :(

thank you for taking the time to look though :)