stuarttaylor37

VR Starter motors

Hi

Need to replace a starter on my Vr (M reg)

I gave the reg to a local rotating electric remanufacturer who said there were two types for a VR of that year

Anyone know if that's right and if so what the differences are please?

Cheers

He knew it was manual Chris

I was hoping to get the right one before I take the other one off so its a quick easy swap over ???

Maybe check to make sure that he wasnt just reading from the screen stu

If there are 2 for the manual is it to do with the electrical connectors. Dependent on where the wiring came from some things in the engine bay have different connectors. I found this out when changing thecrank sensor

I have a bosch starter from a L reg VR for sale in the classifieds if it is any good to you, save yourself £140.

My mate brought one round that was apparently from a vr6, was very different to the one I had, as shown below

First one is corrado, second one I'm not sure what's it's from, Golf obd2 maybe?

That would make much more sense, although where my mate got it from I have no idea as every engine he has had have been manual

Genuine one has the part number 02A 911 023 HX 01. This is the one I used for my Manual VR6 that was on an M plate.

VW dealership or TPS do an exchange basis. Not sure how much they cost now.

My mate brought one round that was apparently from a vr6, was very different to the one I had, as shown below

First one is corrado, second one I'm not sure what's it's from, Golf obd2 maybe?

The one on the right looks like a MK4 starter?

Someone on here has fitted a MK4 V5 starter and reported faster cranking?

Someone on here has fitted a MK4 V5 starter and reported faster cranking?

Yes, I fitted one as recommended by Vince @ Stealth - Definite improvement on mine but I think the removed one was pretty tired!

Ian.

Yes, I fitted one as recommended by Vince @ Stealth - Definite improvement on mine but I think the removed one was pretty tired!

Ian.

Was it a straight forward fit or did you have to enlarge one of the mounting holes in the starter?